I140 & CP v/s I140 & 485

ak_new_member

Registered Users (C)
Is there any difference in the processing time for I140 when filed concurrently with 485 or standalone for Consular processing? Does anyone has any information?

I 140 & CP

puhrince said:
yes..for CP, I-140 currently takes between 1-2 months

Hi Puhrince,

What you said is may be 10% true. Many of my friends are waiting to hear this news from more than 7 to 8 months.

Thanks

Shaaji

I 140 nonconcurrent & CP.

well i dunno what job u and ur friends do..but all my colleagues and friends who applied from january of this year for I-140 and CP got their approvals within 2 months..all of us have masters - so i guess they are EB2..a friend of mine got it within 3 weeks and this was in may of this year

raebeva,it should be the same unless EB3 has different processing times..i don't know anyone who is on EB3,so you might have to find someone

why?

Puhrince,

i Don't understand why I-140 with CP processing timeframe would be different ansd shorter than the one with I-485 instead? can u clarify to me?

regards,
TA

because I-140 in CP is a stand alone case..as of now, if you go the 485 route, they will process it only along with the 485 case,which can take more than a year...previously there were some other issues associated with it..thats why CP is the quickest way to go now

I 140 Eb3

puhrince said:
well i dunno what job u and ur friends do..but all my colleagues and friends who applied from january of this year for I-140 and CP got their approvals within 2 months..all of us have masters - so i guess they are EB2..a friend of mine got it within 3 weeks and this was in may of this year

Hi,

Me and all my friends fall under EB3 category . Our profession come under
schedule A which doesn't require Labor clearance.

Shaaji

Puhrince I agree with you on the fact that if you go CP route and since I485 is not there then I140 will be processed faster but if we go concurrent route then I140 will be slower bcos of I485 checks but here both I140 and I485 will be approved together in say 12-15 months. Also with standalone I140 it should still be processed as per the processing dates of the respective centers whether CP or no CP. Pls correct me if i am wrong

jaggy, i don't know if stand alone I-140's come under the service center processing times because they don't match it..those are mostly related to cases with I-1485 and if u notice,they are all stuck at oct03 right now,which is what other users in the forum seem to be talking about..and the 12-15 month approval for 485 - i will believe it when i see it : )

Where did you get the time frame 12-15?Presently he only person who got a concurrent approval is OctFiler and he got it in close to 10 months but as I see it there are no guarentees .Keep hoping you get lucky....

Shaaji said:
Hi,

Me and all my friends fall under EB3 category . Our profession come under
schedule A which doesn't require Labor clearance.

Shaaji

What is schedule A which doesn't require Labor clearance?