FP done 06/19

I140 approved 07/20/04
Hope they approve the I485 soon too.
Best of luck to all of you.
Be patient. I waited for 11 months for INS to approve my case

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Congratulations!!!!!!

Can you explain about the previous deniel about educational and what you did after that, for this approval?.

P.S: My 140 is also denied about educational, right now doing MTR

Thanks

friend

RS

Congrats to you. Can you share your case with us? My I140 was also denied due to edu eval at NSC (My ND was 5/9/03). An appeal was filed and received on Mar 11 2004. On line msg mention the usual 30-60 days to consider but obviously this is not true as since we are already coming to end July. I am curious if you did anything to expedite your appeal. Is there any difference between MTR you mentioned and appeal?

Thanks in advance.

Motion to reconsider goes to the same service centre - NSC in my case. It is usually faster - in most cases 30 - 60 days.
Appeal goes to Washington and can take upto 1 Year. Usually denied cases are filed with Motion to reconsider and if the centre does not approve them than they go to appeal.
Why did you appeal without filing a Motion to Reconsider first ?

Congrats.........Please post the details of RD/ND dates of Appeal.

rs74 said:
Motion to reconsider goes to the same service centre - NSC in my case. It is usually faster - in most cases 30 - 60 days.
Appeal goes to Washington and can take upto 1 Year. Usually denied cases are filed with Motion to reconsider and if the centre does not approve them than they go to appeal.
Why did you appeal without filing a Motion to Reconsider first ?

what is the diff

What is the difference between "Motion to Reopen before the commissioner" and "Reconsider"? I also appealed with the above(Motion to Reopen before the commissioner). Mine is denial with "Ability to pay"

RS,

Appreciate your response to my earlier posting. It is a good question when you ask why I did not file MTR but opt for appeal. I have no say in this decision and my company attorney (my company sponsored my I140/I485) did it without even telling me the options. So now I guess my chances of my appeal being successful is almost 0? That sucks. Do you have any suggestions?

This is what my on line message for I290B says....

"On March 11, 2004, your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Question about the "here". Does it mean NSC center or in Washington, DC?

Will it make a difference if I eventually get promoted to managerial level and my visa goes from current L1B to L1A?

Thanks in advance.

Your chances in the appeal are not 0. It just takes more time than MTR.
You might want to ask your attorney/Company HR as to whether it was filed in NSC or goes to Washington.

Congrats ...........
Can you respond to my meassge(P) Thanks in advance ..

rs74 said:
My I140 finally got approved !!!

Here are my details :-

Centre : NSC
I140/I485 applied concurrently as EB3
RD : 8/20/03
ND : 8/25/03
EAD/AP issued : 10/05/03

I140 denied due to educational equivalency on 05/11/04
Motion to Reconsider filed on 05/28/04

I140 approved 07/20/04
Hope they approve the I485 soon too.