I140 approved 03/29/2005. EB1-OR, 12/5/03

Greenmycard

Registered Users (C)
I thought I was the unluckiest. But God heard my pray, Buddha opened his eyes for me, after 16months waiting, my I140 EB1(OR) approved !!!!

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Greenmycard said:
I thought I was the unluckiest. But God heard my pray, Buddha opened his eyes for me, after 16months waiting, my I140 EB1(OR) approved !!!!

Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Congrats..

Excellent News!

There are very few encouraging signs from NSC for EB1s. This brings up my hope. Congratulations! Could you please share some more qualification details?

Thanks.

My qualification is not strong at all:
1) 10 publications (all non-English), all last author (slave driven by non-US advisor for a long time :) )
2) 1 first author manuscript. (Based on Ph.D work, US advisor)
3) 4 first author meeting abstract . (Based on Ph.D. work)
4) 7 reference letters. (from current boss, Ph.D. advisor, friends, other reviewers.)
5) Couple of memberships (IEEE at .al)
6) Job offer letter.

I even dont have citation report, no big award, and my current job (Telcom & Computer) is not what i did for PH.D (Geotechnical Engineering), but I did get EECS MS.

My petition has forcus more on computer modeling ability, not on fields of study subjects (Geology or Telecommunication)

However, I did contact Senators and Congressman of my state. Some of them did inquiry to NSC, I believe it may expedite NSC processing. Who knows, better try.

I dont care that much about 485, as long as I can get AP, I will be happy. I can go back to my country, see my sons.

When I checked my status yesterday, I simply can not believe my eyes, LUD changed from 12/10/03 to 03/30/05.
Message said "Approved..." I was very emotional, and become speechless...

I ran out building, and realized it was raining heavily.. I saw a beautiful rainbow hanging in the sky, the most beautiful one I have ever seen in my life. ...

Congratulations! Your I-485 is on the corner...

My EB1-OR was submitted on January, ND:1/14/04. Haven't heard anything from USCIS. No LUD change.

Congrats,

What a coincidence seeing the rainbow. I'm sure 485 is on its way. You can then enjoy all the colors of life.

Good luck.

DIGS

Thank you guys for your good wishes.

I used following site to contact Senators and Congressman, I am not sure if they helped me, but I would believe so.

From what I know, Senator or Congressman did respond my mail/fax/email, and they were willing to help, at least they can push NSC officers a bit.

http://free-immigration-help.com/

Thanks Greenmycard,

That seems to be a helpful link. Wonder if there is any criteria as to when to bug a senator ?

DIGS

I dont know if there is a criteria, but if the pending time is too long, like mine, 16 months, it worth a try. Otherwise, who else we can ask for help?

Responses from Senator office were quite polite and prompt, they promised me to send inquiry to NSC. I contacted two senators and one Congressman, one Senator and that Congressman forward me the response from NSC. NSC's responses were same, said " We are processing I140 for EB1 recieved before July 30, 2003". which was simply read from their meaningless I140 process time table.

That website ( http://free-immigration-help.com/ )lists office address and fax numbers. I wrote letters and listed my LIN#, then fax to them.

I registered this website this morning in order to share some informaton with you, I watched this forum for 16 months and never contribute anything.

Please let me know if any detail is needed.

Hi Greenmycard,

Just one more thing. After contacting the Senators/Congressman, how many days did it take for you to get response from the respective officials and also the days (from contacting) it took to get the actual approval.

Thanks again.

DIGS

Hi DIGS,

- 03-06-05. I contacted Senator's office by fax, asking him for help.
- 03-08-05. He wrote me reponse by mail, stating that he asked his Senate Aide to contact NSC, and also wanted me allow at least 30-60 days for a response
- 03-23-05. He wrote me again for NSC's response, "NSC is processing 140 received before July 30, 2003".. give me address to check time "www.uscis.gov"
- 03-30-05. My case approved.

My another I140 (NIW) RD: 12-08-03 is still pending.
I filed I140 seperately. I plan to start I485 filing recently.

Thanks,
Greenmycard

Greenmycard said:
Hi DIGS,

- 03-06-05. I contacted Senator's office by fax, asking him for help.
- 03-08-05. He wrote me reponse by mail, stating that he asked his Senate Aide to contact NSC, and also wanted me allow at least 30-60 days for a response
- 03-23-05. He wrote me again for NSC's response, "NSC is processing 140 received before July 30, 2003"..

Did you mean 2004? NSC has Sep 2003 on their site even they are processing in random.

From NSC website,
EB1 (EA) - 09/30/2003
EB1 (OR) - 06/30/2003
EB2 (NIW) - 07/30/2003

I applied both OR and NIW, so I guess that Senator's secretary may refer to my NIW.