I140 and I485 files at different locations........More Info

adhingra

Registered Users (C)
Thanks Guys
think we all have started a very good exchange of information here. And i think we all should find some way to keep in touch with each other throughout the whole process...........cause we know TODAY that this may cause us a problem but the problem may come after 9 to 10 months when our ND will become current

After reading all ur messages this evening, i have assembled the following pieces of information and questions

Information
===========

Some of u have mentioned about getting refiled (transferred) again at the original service center where the I140 was approved, say VSC.

In my opinion that can be a 50-50 risk scenario. The reason i am saying this is that when my I140 was filed at VSC (which was actually a mistake on part of my lawyer) i discussed about transferring my I140 back to NSC. What my lawyer replied to is that the way she can do is pull back my file from VSC and refile me again at NSC. But since the INS has no inherent procedure to support this this operation, it can take 3 weeks or 3 months or who knows........

She also mentioned that we cannot file a second 140 at NSC cause the originals from my Baor certification went along with my 140 application. So i think in this case our original I140 approval went along with our I485 application

May be she was trying to scare me.......but lets just look at this from our Indian angle........afterall INS is a govt body (sarkari daftar :=)) so do we really want to get into this transfer mechanism........hence at that time i decided to take my chances at VSC and finally got my I140 approved from there. I think the same analogy can be applied in out I485 case too.

PLease reply with ur take on this one. And I\'ll be calling my lawyer tomorrow and will discuss this option of the I485 transfer to VSC.

QUESTIONS
==========

1) I have not received my FP yet. On march 28 2002 it will be 90 days since my ND of 12/28/2002. Is this normal??????

2) I never really found out the answer to the question....... can we guys living in chicago ALLOWED to file our I485 at VSC. I was told by my lawyer that I485 is a biographic verification process and hence it has to be filed in the region where you live. On the other hand since I140 is employment autjorization i can be filed either where u work or where ur company does business. So can SOMEBODY SHED LIGHT ON what is the real answer???????

Question for Tiredfo485
=======================
What u mentioned about ur case really matches with this scernario. Howewver what would be great if there is someway to find out that this 4 month wait period that u mentioned is a Process of INS.

My point is what that DOES INS really pick up the file after not hearing from the second service center in 4 months. What i have been told that usually the people who land into this scenario have to fight their way into it by talking to different congress people and all. Personally i think that is a messy scenario which irritates the INS people.

Somebody please try to find out more about this.......

Rgds