I140/485 ND sep 18 2003 Got FP Notice Today

gc2thimma

Registered Users (C)
Guys & Gals,

I would like to share this information with this forum at the same time i also have some questions.

Today i got FP notice from USCIS. My I140/485 EB2 was filed concurrently with ND of sept-18 2003. There is no change in LUD or I140 adjudication in my case. I hope it will be a concurrent adjudication.

qs1. As of now my wife has not received the FP notice, should i expect one for her also ??. Her FP was done when she applied for EAD, so is it waived for her ??

qs2. After FP is done how many days it will take to pass through FBI approval and entire I140/485 adjudication process ??

Pls reply

gc2thimma said:
Guys & Gals,

I would like to share this information with this forum at the same time i also have some questions.

Today i got FP notice from USCIS. My I140/485 EB2 was filed concurrently with ND of sept-18 2003. There is no change in LUD or I140 adjudication in my case. I hope it will be a concurrent adjudication.

qs1. As of now my wife has not received the FP notice, should i expect one for her also ??. Her FP was done when she applied for EAD, so is it waived for her ??

qs2. After FP is done how many days it will take to pass through FBI approval and entire I140/485 adjudication process ??

Pls reply
1. Did she go for interim EAD? If yes, then there will be separate FP notice for her.
2. No one knows. But seems you are on your way.

FP results take maximum of a week and name check takes 2 weeks to 3 months for 98% of cases.

All the best.

Has the online message changed? And where did you received it - home or the lawyer got it?

Thanks.

gc2thimma said:
Guys & Gals,

Pls reply

This is a good sign hopefully we will see more FP notices.

1. Regarding your wife FP at IEAD that doesn't count.(must just the thumb) She will get separate FP notice.

2. There are twp types of name checks USICS and FBI . Recently the validaity of USCIS name check got increased rom 35 days to 90 days.as per the timing what JK said is true.

Looks like you might get approved on both apps

Added later

It is called Interagency Border Inspection Systems (IBIS) check not USCIS name check but it is internal

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_ibis.html

Last edited by a moderator:
FP date?

When is your FP date? The reason I am asking is my ND is also in Sep 2003 and my family is away from town.

Thanks

Or he might just be a lucky guy ... in my scans I see changes from Received to Resumed but I would say less that 1% after June 2003. That's the reason I asked if the online status has changed, USCIS might send notices without updating the online system. Also Received changed to Approved ... I was wondering if these cases had FP done without having updated the online system.

hmd said:
This is a good sign hopefully we will see more FP notices.

Regarding your wife FP at IEAD that doesn't count.(must just the thumb) She will get separate FP notice.

nemessis said:
Has the online message changed? And where did you received it - home or the lawyer got it?

Thanks.

Online message has not changed (still 9/23/2003 last LUD). I received it at home directly from USCIS

One more issue

I am planning to go to India in November 1st week (2004), as of now i have not applied for EAD/AP (Only my wife), i have valid H1B approval (Visa expired). If my GC gets approved when i am in India iwill i be able to enter US ??

Now i think its too late to applyfor EAD /AP and get it with in November??

Please post your suggestions

gc2thimma said:
I am planning to go to India in November 1st week (2004), as of now i have not applied for EAD/AP (Only my wife), i have valid H1B approval (Visa expired). If my GC gets approved when i am in India iwill i be able to enter US ??

Now i think its too late to applyfor EAD /AP and get it with in November??

Please post your suggestions
You should have AP - else you cannot enter. Your H1b (or any other visa) will cease once GC is approved.

If you have AP, you will be allowed entry for deferred inspection, which will be I-551 stamping for you.

Jharkhandi said:
You should have AP - else you cannot enter. Your H1b (or any other visa) will cease once GC is approved.

If you have AP, you will be allowed entry for deferred inspection, which will be I-551 stamping for you.

Jharkandi,

Can i just apply for AP or do i need to apply both EAD/AP together ??

What do you think the chances of getting AP approved before Nov ??

gc2thimma said:
Jharkandi,

Can i just apply for AP or do i need to apply both EAD/AP together ??

What do you think the chances of getting AP approved before Nov ??
You can apply AP alone.

Chances of getting AP approved before Nov - asking me? :D No one can tell you that!

Just file it.

nemessis said:
Or he might just be a lucky guy ... in my scans I see changes from Received to Resumed but I would say less that 1% after June 2003. That's the reason I asked if the online status has changed, USCIS might send notices without updating the online system. Also Received changed to Approved ... I was wondering if these cases had FP done without having updated the online system.
nemessis,

I differ. It is start of FP notice for applicants of later half of 2003.

We will see a good number of FP notices in coming days, followed by randomness of approvals in 2003 cases.

Jharkhandi said:
You can apply AP alone.

Chances of getting AP approved before Nov - asking me? :D No one can tell you that!

Just file it.
FP notices usually come in bulk... we should be hearing more and more about FP notices now... From the looks of it, it appears they are sending FP notices for Aug and Sep 2003.

Jharkhandi said:

What are the options if somebody is out of the country when 485 gets approved and don't have AP to enter ?? Is it possible to apply for AP after 485 approval ?? Gurus pl let us have your views !!

One more FP of Aug 03

One more posting of FP

VV_GC EB3 08/27/03(ND)

Posted in 2003 Tracker.........

FPs are started again...

Sree

bhandus2004 said:
What are the options if somebody is out of the country when 485 gets approved and don't have AP to enter ?? Is it possible to apply for AP after 485 approval ?? Gurus pl let us have your views !!

Till others respond, feel free to enjoy this one:

From www.uscis.gov

Parolee - A parolee is an alien, appearing to be inadmissible to the inspecting officer, allowed into the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons or when that alien’s entry is determined to be for significant public benefit. Parole does not constitute a formal admission to the United States and confers temporary status only, requiring parolees to leave when the conditions supporting their parole cease to exist. Types of parolees include:

1. Deferred inspection: authorized at the port upon alien’s arrival; may be conferred by an immigration inspector when aliens appear at a port of entry with documentation, but after preliminary examination, some question remains about their admissibility which can best be answered at their point of destination.

2. Advance parole: authorized at an USCIS District office in advance of alien’s arrival; may be issued to aliens residing in the United States in other than lawful permanent resident status who have an unexpected need to travel and return, and whose conditions of stay do not otherwise allow for readmission to the United States if they depart.

3. Port-of-entry parole: authorized at the port upon alien’s arrival; applies to a wide variety of situations and is used at the discretion of the supervisory immigration inspector, usually to allow short periods of entry. Examples include allowing aliens who could not be issued the necessary documentation within the required time period, or who were otherwise inadmissible, to attend a funeral and permitting the entry of emergency workers, such as fire fighters, to assist with an emergency.

4. Humanitarian parole: authorized at USCIS headquarters or overseas District Offices for "urgent humanitarian reasons" specified in the law. It is used in cases of medical emergency and comparable situations.

5. Significant Public Benefit Parole: authorized at USCIS headquarters Office of International Affairs for "significant public benefit" specified in the law. It is generally used for aliens who enter to take part in legal proceedings when there is a benefit to the government. These requests must be submitted by a law enforcement agency.

6. Overseas parole: authorized at an USCIS District or suboffice while the alien is still overseas; designed to constitute long-term admission to the United States. In recent years, most of the aliens USCIS has processed through overseas parole have arrived under special legislation or international migration agreements.

templabor said:
FP notices usually come in bulk... we should be hearing more and more about FP notices now... From the looks of it, it appears they are sending FP notices for Aug and Sep 2003.

So what's happening with people before Aug 2003 and waiting?