i131 re entry permit question

Marco Rossi

Dear Friends,

I was already helped by the wonderful people here and got my green card in August 2020.

about a year after I really needed to go back home for a year or so and take care of family issues and also take a sabbatical.

I filed for re-entry permit so I wouldn't lose my green card and requested that the re-entry permit be sent in Rome,Italy which is where I'm from. I left a few days after biometrics appointment.
I was ready for a denial (promptly go back to USA in order not to lose green card) or for an approval (take care of family business and then relax a few months). What I wasn't ready for is exacly what happened: no response. 7 months after filing the case is still pending (USCIS case status says: Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken). I left the USA about 6 months ago... at what point should I go back because my green card is at risk? calling USCIS customer service can never lead to me talking to a human representative: the electronic voice actualy threatens you to hang up if you keep asking for a rep.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Reply

I only now see that I posted in the wrong category.
It's life after citizenship, I thought it was life after permanent residency.

My apologies to the admins