I130 RFE, original birth certificate

jiz290

Registered Users (C)
Senowen and other expert, please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem: REF from USCIS for parents' immigration cases - requesting original copies of applicant's birth certificate for mom and dad's I130 application. Two envelopes from USCIS were provided and two copies of original certificates were requested.

I finally had a friend helping me applying for updated birth certificate from China, but she made a mistake and requested only one copy of birth certificate from notary department. I can go through whole process again in order to get more copies of original birth certificates and it will be time and money consuming.

I have two separate RFE letters from USCIS, both requested original birth certificate (instead of copy as we originally submitted), it seems like that USCIS wants the letter to be mailed back separately (one for mom and one for dad). I am thinking about mailing both blue color I-797 forms with birth certificate back in one big envelop instead of using the small envelopes they provided. Since I only have one copy of original birth certificate, I can also provide a photo copy of birth certificate. I can have the second copy notarized and signed by a translator. Do you think this will work? I really don't want wait for another three weeks for the original certificate coming? In the mean time, I will have my friend to prepare for the backup copies in case USCIS will not happy with the document I submit. Can I write to them and explain the situation? How much risk will I face?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

Jiz