I130 ~ address required by IRS

aqualove

Registered Users (C)
I'm trying to file my green card application and there is so many things I'm not sure I understand. On the form I 130, they ask for the last address at which my husband and I live together, the thing is we have not been together physically since the day we got married ( its almost year from that day). He is in the Military and stations in Maryland, I live in North Carolina. I will move to maryland with him next year but I don't know which addess should I put on the forms. My question is , which address should I use on the I 130 as the last address we live together. I'm scared because people said IRS will be strict if they see that my husband and I don't ever live together. Please help!!!

If you file your taxes jointly, you can only specify one address on the tax return. My wife and I don't currently live together, so we used my address (we have a common lease at my apartment so it made most sense).

But I'm not sure what it has to do with your I-130. For the I-130, use the last address you lived together as the instructions say. Let me understand, so you never lived together yet? You need to provide the USCIS (not IRS :p) with a letter accompanying your I-130 as an addendum, explaining why you don't live together and what evidence you have that despite not living together, you have a bona fide marriage. Its true that not living together will increase your burden of proof, and if your interview is anything like ours, it'll be long and mostly consumed with explaining why you don't live together. So don't be scared but be well prepared!