I was 16yrs and 1 month old when I came to US

Hi

As the act is written I do not beleive so

They way I understand you have to be under 16 years of age before you entered the USA and have 5 years of education and be of good moral character

I met with the regional director to Senator Mel Martinez last week and spoke on this very subject. We alos left a letter for the personla attension of Mr Martinez.

I belong to www.expatsvoice.org and we beleive all children should have a pathway to the USA providing they are under 21 years when they arrive in the USA

The CSPA (Child status protection act) and The dream act is badly written and has not been thought through enough. Many legal children come as dependants of E visa investors and have no status at 21 years unless they can get a student visa

There will be many families where (like your situation) one or more of the children will be excluded. What happens if one child has down's syndrom? or has other learning difficulities? Do the US intend to separate these children from sibling and parents

I urge you to book appointment to speak to your senators office and explain your situation and encourage him to support all children (including legal children) should be protected after all they had no choice as to where their parents brought them to live

What is the dream act? My daughter came here at age 4, now 19. We are in the greencard process, but PD not current. Afraid that by the time PD is current, she is aged out. What are her options?????

yeah also interested because I came here when I was 13, and now I am 28 still trying to get a permanent residence.

I came here when I was 15 and 11 months

Will I be eligible?

Hi

The dream act has been passed but not brought into law yet. I think you will be eligible but you must also have studied for 5 years in the USA and be of good moral character

The dream act will only document you so you may study further in the usa but what happens to those children who are not bright enough to attend college?

There should be major immigration reeforms this year, well lets hope so anyway for all children as the CSPA does not protect all children aging out

What is the dream act? My daughter came here at age 4, now 19. We are in the greencard process, but PD not current. Afraid that by the time PD is current, she is aged out. What are her options?????

Hi

The dream act is about documenting illegals, not legal people. We at www.expatsvoice.org are trying to obtain an amendment to the CSPA Child status protection act as this law was introduced to protect legal children aging out.

Unfortunatley the CSPA is badly written and need a leglaslative fix which we at www.expatsvoice.org are hoping to achieve.

Why not join and when you do read the thread aging out