I thought I saw the light at the end of tunnel..

YJay

Registered Users (C)
It turned out to be a train!!!!

My case was transferred to Washington office, in Arlington, VA. I was kicked out a long queue and put in another even longer one. Washington office can take up to one year for an interview.

RD: 4/17/02
FP: 7/17/02
TD: 10/7/03

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really sorry to hear that. We need to work even more harder on our petitions now, highlighting the transfer clause.
You will see light at the end of the dark tunnel pretty soon.

Too bad to hear this. It's like a nightmare coming true. We need to fight harder. Let's get into some urgent action mode in this forum. Time to form a team, fund and an action plan (to meet congress men, president , bcis directors etc)

Agreed.

I tried to send our petition to George Bush via e-mail but the attachment could not go through (too big for Bush).

Originally posted by sai-2367
I am really sorry to hear that. We need to work even more harder on our petitions now, highlighting the transfer clause.
You will see light at the end of the dark tunnel pretty soon.

Originally posted by YJay
Agreed.

I tried to send our petition to George Bush via e-mail but the attachment could not go through (too big for Bush).

YJay,
I sorry to hear about the transfer of your case.

Never send any attachments to Congressional offices when you contact them via e-mail, always cut and paste the text version. Most of the congresional offices has some software to remove the attachments from e-mail.

yJay,
Sorry to hear about your case. Positive aspect of this atleast you know you are going to get your gc, still people ought there with out any fp or rfe.

I wish you will get early interview.

Originally posted by YJay
Agreed.

YJay,
hang in there tough. I saw an article on President Bush responding about the H-1B visas as well as the GAO comments earlier.

We need to send the Petition to GAO.
Also, the White House correspondents; these are the ones that ask questions to the President OR the spokesman on daily/weekly basis.

Bad and Good of Washington DC office

YJay,

Sorry to hear your transfer. My case was transfered exactly the same date 10/7 but one year ago. In Washington DC office, some peoples get interview in 3-6 months, some peoples even not in one year (like me). They don't have any system of scheduling interview, just your luck. If you are lucky, you can get in 3 months.

fikabir

Sorry to hear about your case YJay. I hope you get the interview call in 3-4 months as fikabir was saying. Can you guess any reason why your case is transferred?

That's Sad news..
YJay, that's not in ur hands though...So just go about ur life as usual., forget abt this Interview thing..!!
Atleast for a while u dont' have to think of this..!See it that way and hope ur interview comes fast...!
Good Luck.

I can't think of any reason.

1) I moved and noticed CIS a month ago.
2) My case was erroneously approved for CP though I marked "Applicant is in US and will apply for AOS" in my I-140 petition. The officer must have very bad eyesight to miss the option. I chased the I-140 petition to NVC. They noted my file for the then INS to request it back.
3) My kid passed 14th birthday during this lengthy 485 process. Fingerprint seems to be a must.

I am not worried about the transfer/interview. I am EB1 case, have a job, and get pay increase every year. I would be really happy if Arlington office could schedule an interview in a couple months. I am annoyed that I may have to redo my FP since it will expire in 10 days. I may have to apply EAD because my H1 will be expiring in March 2004. I may not be able to travel overseas freely without wasting some extra bucks on AP. We cannot open an educational IRA account for my kid's college until we have a GC. ….

Bush is proud of the "great job" Tom Ridge has done. I am proud of not having a son like Bush.

Originally posted by frantic
Sorry to hear about your case YJay. I hope you get the interview call in 3-4 months as fikabir was saying. Can you guess any reason why your case is transferred?

My case (EB1) was transferred to Newark. I was told that the time to schedule an interview in this type of cases is 8 months, but I got an interview notification just after 1 month. The actual interview was scheduled after 2 months of transfer. So there's still hope. Don't despair.

-p

What type of EB1 case is yours?

I am also EBI (multi-national executive). Can you tell me what type of EB1 is yours?

Gurus

Pl.shed some light on this - Is there any pattern for transfering the cases to local offices like NIW , EB1 etc.

Re: What type of EB1 case is yours?

203(b)(1)(a) => EB11 or EB1 subcategory 1.

Originally posted by waitingL1
I am also EBI (multi-national executive). Can you tell me what type of EB1 is yours?

Re: Bad and Good of Washington DC office

Originally posted by fikabir
YJay,

Sorry to hear your transfer. My case was transfered exactly the same date 10/7 but one year ago. In Washington DC office, some peoples get interview in 3-6 months, some peoples even not in one year (like me). They don't have any system of scheduling interview, just your luck. If you are lucky, you can get in 3 months.

fikabir

Sorry to hear about your case. Have you tried anything to make them take action such as contacting senator etc.