I think my application has been completely bypassed

VSC/485

Registered Users (C)
My details EB2 India RD 4/1/99, ND 4/29/99. Totally frustrated seeing 7/99 approvals. I can\'t even begin to imagine how you 98 guys are feeling. Pretty soon they are going to hit Aug 99 applications and then they\'ll be wasting their time and resources sending FP notices to people with non-current PDs instead of processing people like me. I am convinced that if I don\'t take matters into my own hands (CP/mandamus petition), I am going to be around in summer/fall of 2001 just like the 98 guys who are around today. I have set my deadline at Sep. 30 of this year. If I don\'t have my approval by then I am doing CP or suing the INS. I have had just about enough with these b*******. What they are doing is blatantly unfair and has no semblance of due process.

No Title

John Smith:
I agree your situation is worse than mine. How about late 98 to early 99 waiters (10/98 or earlier to 5/99) signing a collective plea to the VSC to process applications fairly? Is this even realistic? If there are enough people willing to sign up, how would we go about organizing the logistics of the signing? Let us brainstorm as a reply to this message.

No Title

What are your PDs ? I am told that the first criteria is Category, PD then the RD/ND. This is what I came to know from someone and based on what has been approved, thats what it looks like. Ofcourse, those who had applied for 485 in 98 are also getting RFEs before approval. I am not sure if the info is correct or not.

No Title

I don\'t believe this. My PD is 10/14/97 (EB2 India). My RD/ND is 4/99. Check this board - there is a guy with 8/98 PD and RD of 7/99 from India who has gotten his approval. My belief is still that it is totally random as long as your file is complete and your PD is current.

No Title

BigMan:
I can believe you when you say you are more frustrated than me. However, let us not compare frustration levels as this would get us nowhere. Let us just say our frustration level is proportional to the time difference between the approval with the latest RD and our RD and leave it at that. The bigger question is what can we do about it. I believe a letter campaign signed by people with older RDs can definitely help. How do we go about doing it? Do you have any suggestions. I am willing to do any ground work for this if someone can up with a way of accomplishing this. I guess the issue would be disclosing our identities to each other which some people may feel uncomfortable with. I think even 20 to 30 signatures accompanied by our addresses and EAC numbers (maybe not EAC numbers but RD/NDs) would help.

No Title

Hi VSC/485
   I know many guys having PD as March 1996
are still waiting to get their approvals. You won\'t beleive me.
I know a guy who has filed in Feb 1998 has yet to get his approval.
This is just for your info.

No Title

On the contrary, I do believe you. This just goes to show how absolutely ridiculously random this process has become. Does your friend with RD of Feb 98 have any plans on how to get his I-485 application adjudicated? My question still remains: What can we do about these out of sequence approvals and help ourselves?

No Title

Well me too in a manner. My RD is July 99, ND is Aug 99 but I have not yet received FP notice. Have they lost my files? I sent a renewal of my EAD and AP. Received those. The is just so screwed up.