I Need Your Views

polstar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

i filed my Labor certification under president clinton relief package thats called LIFE act.Mean im in united states prior to 31 december 2000.i never had a legal status in US.Now i got my AP approved,working with my employer and my I40 is also approved.I been away from my family for 7 years.I just want your opinion that,if i travel outside Usa.on returning i can face any issues.i consulted my lawyer he says i should wait till my I485 gets approved.Any one in same situation ao faced same issue.kindly post your experience.Thanks.

Yes I applied under 245(i) LIFE ACT. Do not attampt to leave the country untill you have GC on your hand, means 485 approved. you said you applied 765 (EAD) you have not get it, you should call your service center and open SR for your EAD not recevied yet. I got mine year ago and applied for renewal last month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not leave the country under any circumstances until you have that GC in hand. You wont be able to reentry
the ead clearly states it is not valid to re-entry the US
Good Luck

I read the passage.

I have read the passage,but it fails to say anything about reentry or travelling on AP.Anyway i have waited long i can wait bit more my PD is current.may be get lucky.

you cannnot use ap because you have been over 180 days in the country without status, so if you leave when you try to re-entry you will be subject to the 10 year ban.

there is no value or AP

Then i think there is no value of AP.Why do they give it.If its just a useless document.

it says right here

If an applicant is subject to the 3- or 10-year bar, adjustment of status will not be approved unless (s)he obtains a waiver. Even if an alien overstays, however, a bar will not apply unless (s)he leaves the US and re-enters. An alien who succeeds in re-entering the US in spite of an applicable bar needs a waiver in order to adjust status. On the other hand, an alien who would be subject to a bar if (s)he were to travel outside the US will not be subject to the bar if (s)he never leaves the US. Note that the bars continue to apply if applicant travels while adjustment is pending, even if the alien obtains advance parole. A grant of permanent residence terminates applicability of a 3 or 10 year bar.