• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I need to demonstrate at the interview to have money sufficient to live in the USA

robediente

Registered Users (C)
I need to demonstrate at the interview to have money sufficient to live in the USA, but my question is; those moneys are demonstrated in the embassy, the money of your country of origin, or in dollars in an account in the USA? i dont know anybody in eeuu... for affidavit of support, i only have my money... 30.000 dollars, in my country in bolivares... but in venezuela have control exchange... help me

How much do i need to prove to the Officer i have in my account. If i have 7000usd but my car value is 3000usd, would that be sufficient? Please advise!

The only thing I'm worried about is i don't have sufficient of money to prove to the officer, any advise? such as get a job?

You must take a look at Poverty Guidelines, it's a 125% percent amount you must have according to number of family members that are going with you.
Right, its unwritten but $10000 for the applicant and additional $5000 for each dependant is what they wanna see.

Some did it with less, some needed more. A car will not count!

Last edited by a moderator:
The destination i wanna go is Chicago, I will go there alone. So not with my family. So if i have 7000usd by the time i go interview, and 3000usd value(car)would that be consider i have 10000usd? Please advise thanks!

I told you in my last post, they wont accept a car, whatever the value of it is.

What will count is cash in your bank account, stocks, mutual funds, a life insurance with a documented surrender value etc pp.

If they think you dont have enough money, you need find sponsor in teh US!

However, you have plenty of time to collect more money before your interview.

No need for evidence of support!!!!!!!!

Dear applicant to the DV, I will call for the experience of others in the forum, but when I wanted to show my affiavit of support (money) the lady at the consulate told me, "the only money you need is the money to getting into the US. We assume you are starting a new live in the US".
Had anyone had the same experience? Well is all I can tell you from my experience, good luck!!!