I need help it is urgent

greatvisit

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am new to this forum and i need help .I came to USA in july 2004 on visiting visa.Recently i noticied on my I-94 They stamped stay until 01 Jan 2004 now i am kind of conffused since i donot know how long i can stay in USA.How can i find out this information pl reply your help is appriciated.

get the I-94 corrected

its clearly an error on the officers part at the POE. You can easily get it corrected. I realized an error on my I-94 after a day, went to the airport and called the INS from there. They sent an officer out, who took my passport in, made the correction and brought it back out. Didn't take too long. Should be easy. Don't worry about it. The only thing that was kind of unsettling was that the officer was staring at me in a weird way - it was their mistake and it meant 4 hrs time away from work for me; at the end of it, we just have to be grateful they do the needful. Its just too much to expect courtesy from them. Take all documentation with you.

Read: http://www.murthy.com/news/uki94err.html

Also: This was on immigration-law.com:
http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

08/20/2004: Correction of Errors on I-94

People frequently see the errors on I-94. When the I-94 is issued as part of the change of status or extension of status by the USCIS and one finds an error on it, people should go to the local USCIS office to correct the errors. People can appear at any local district office of USCIS.

When one finds an error on the I-94 which was issued by the inspectors at the port of entry, which is not uncommon since the CBP started a procedure of one CBP offier to conduct the three inspections including immigration inspection, agricultural inspection, and custom inspection, one should not go to the USCIS local office. People have two options to correct the errors. They can go to inspection offices at any international port of entry to correct the errors. It does not have to be the port where one entered. The other option is to appear at any "Deferred Inspection" unit of the local CBP office which is usually located at the same building with the USCIS local district office and correct the errors. For the locations of the Deferred Inspection units in your area, please click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
greatvisist

i read ur reply now i got some idea where to go and whome to contact.
iam also very thank ful to ur immediate reply.another thing i want to know from u that my visa expires on 28th sep-2004,but i want to go for visa extension .after my I-94 correction ,is any problem in future if i apply for extension of visa in my first entery to usa,and approximately how mant days /months it will take.thanking u once agian for ur help.
yours faith fully