I need an opinion please

prachew

Registered Users (C)
I have couple of questions

1. I'm on my H1 7th year extension which will expire in April '04. My current employer hass already started the process to file for 8th year extension. I have also filed a H1 transfer (in Nov '03)with another company, but they only asked for a transfer and not an extension, which means that it will be valid only until Apr '04. Based on current processing times, it looks like my application will be taken only around Apr '04. What will BCIS do when it sees that it is only valid until Apr '04? Will it issue a RFE or reject it? If it is an RFE, can my lawyer reply back and say that the validiy should be Apr 05 and not Apr 04?

2. This new company hass also applied for my LC from a different center along with H1b. Can i join them once this LC is 365 days old and get the H1 get extended beyond the 8th year?

Thanks

Please post what you intend to do clearly.

For your question's:

1. There will not be any RFE.

If it is an RFE, can my lawyer reply back and say that the validiy should be Apr 05 and not Apr 04?

No. Lawyer has to file for extension separately and if not done so - ask him/her to do it soon. It can be done against reciept of submission. Act fast on extension.

2. You can join any day you want.