i have question about medical examination

John Smith 1

Registered Users (C)
i got email 2 days ago from ins requestion further information

i noticed a lot of you guys got the same email the same day

many of you said this email mis about medical examination and new g-325a

i filed for asylum adjustment on feb 2001,i never done medical examination for the ins

my question is,when i go to the doctor to do my i-693 medical exam,will the test finish the same day and can i got the results immediately?

sorry, i forgot to ask one more question, beside the i-693 form

i heard there is another form for vaccination,can i get this extra form from the ins website

No, you won't get everything the same day. I already done mine 5 years ago and I went back to the same doctor and still had the sealed envelope and she opened it and still didn't get everything the same day. I had to redo everything HIV test, physical and X-ray

It may take even very longer if you tested positive for TB ( up to 9 months)

The suplement: the doctor will take care of that, you don't download that from a web site. Make sure your doctor is still certified by immigration office. good luck

how long it takes to get the sealed envelop from the doctor when i do my medical examination?

i want to do my medical examination as soon as possible in order to sent the results to the ins ,

iam desperate to get my green card as soon as possible

Ohio Asylee said:
No, you won't get everything the same day. I already done mine 5 years ago and I went back to the same doctor and still had the sealed envelope and she opened it and still didn't get everything the same day. I had to redo everything HIV test, physical and X-ray

It may take even very longer if you tested positive for TB ( up to 9 months)

The suplement: the doctor will take care of that, you don't download that from a web site. Make sure your doctor is still certified by immigration office. good luck

Ohio_Asylee..confused what you mean by it can take up to 9 months? The medicals are due by Sep 15, 2005....?

I think if you tested positive for TB..they will do a chest Xray to make sure you dont have a t.b..I dont think you have to wait 9 months..correct me if I am wrong..

Usually you should have a sealed envelope in 1 week?

wantmygcnow said:
Ohio_Asylee..confused what you mean by it can take up to 9 months? The medicals are due by Sep 15, 2005....?

I think if you tested positive for TB..they will do a chest Xray to make sure you dont have a t.b..I dont think you have to wait 9 months..correct me if I am wrong..

Usually you should have a sealed envelope in 1 week?

What I meant by 9 months is the period that it takes to cure you from TB if you tested positive for it. Some medications takes 9 months to cure you until you become negative from T.B.....But, if you want to speed it up, just say you were allergic to that medication and they can give you medications that only takes 3 months only (it is more exensive than the other medication and this one will turn all your body fluids to the orange color, including Urine, tears, sweat, etc...). Lets hope no one needs it and will just test neg.

But yeh, the doctor has to sign the final paper to say you went through all the necessary medication for T.B. if you tested positive for it and they will give you a skin test to see if you were cured.

The doctor can give you an envelope within a week, but it won't be the final envelope tho if you tested positive for T.B. and you have to be cured from T.B. before you get your GC, at least this my understanding. Being T.B. positive doesn't mean, you have T.B., it just means you carry it and they have to get it out of your system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohio_Asylee..I think you may be partly right. Ok from what I understand that if you tested positive for T.B, you get a chest xray and then it tells you that you are clear or not..

IF your Chest Xray is not Cleared..meaning they can see that you got t.b then medication is given for 9 months...

Some countries administer immunizations that will ALWAYS make the skin test result in positive t.b. I think the key is Chest Xray...clear or not.

I hope this clears things..?

Last edited by a moderator: