i have a friend who needs help.....

sanrio02

Registered Users (C)
she is waiting for her green card since 2002. she came here to marry this american guy and got married last oct 2002. and within that year, they filed for her green card and she's still waiting for a response from the immigration.
does she need to contact anybody since it has been 3 years that she never heard from them.

Did she get receipt notices from INS that the package had been received??? She should have at least those, and to make an iquiery through the numbers on them. If she doesnt have them her docs have probably been lost in the mail track.
You dont give any info. Start with the basics- (proof her docs were received by INS- , ... etc). If they were - Does she work, what about EAD (it's been 2 years and she never worked during that time????)

her husband did not want her to work at all. but now that they are not together, and she lives with the husband's relatives, i have suspicion that he is not telling my friend the real score with her papers. they decided to get seperation but don't want to get a divorce for her sake. she did tell me that she was done with fingerprinting and all that.

Well...ask her to get the receipt number from the papers she has received from the BCIS and check the status online. Is that easy. If the spouse is a US citizen, she should have received the GC by now. So, the next step would be to call or go down to the INS office and talk to a person.

She should make an inquiery through the 800-... or schedule an appointment to talk in person to an Immigration officer. In all cases her husband must provide her at least with the receipt notices for their applications. There's nothing else she can do about it, except getting into a contact (in any way - Infopass, calling them) with INS.