I got my Green Card today!!

Lcsd114

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
I just found this site last night. I wanted to let everyone know that you will get your interview!! I had mine this morning and it went great. I got the stamp in my passport today, total interview time 15 minutes.
The whole process took less than a year. I mailed the forms (Arlington office) in February, got my EAD in May and GC today.
The officer we saw was great, Ms. Williams, we even joked around with her, what we were told was a big no-no.
Anyway, good luck to everyone and I'll pop back regularly to see when you get your interviews.

Congratulations, Lcsd114! It's good to know the Arlington office does do its job sometimes.

Did they tell you how long it may take for the actual GC to arrive in the mail?

If you have the time, could you please elaborate on the actual interview - what kinds of questions did they ask? What kind of evidence did they ask (or did not ask) to see?

Again, big congrats.

takes about a month , month and a half for the Welcome notice and the green card to come in the mail.

Originally posted by Nightlifer
Congratulations, Lcsd114! It's good to know the Arlington office does do its job sometimes.

Did they tell you how long it may take for the actual GC to arrive in the mail?

If you have the time, could you please elaborate on the actual interview - what kinds of questions did they ask? What kind of evidence did they ask (or did not ask) to see?

Again, big congrats.

Actually, she said it could be between 3 and 12 months before I get the Green Card.
Nightlifer, the interview was very easy. She took us through to the back, took two fingerprints and two signatures from me then we went in her office. We took a pledge to tell the truth and she started. The main questions we got were when did we (my husband and I) meet, how long have we been married and why did he marry me. She filled out some paperwork, checked the evidence I took then stamped my passport.
The evidence they ask for is as many as possible of the following: Marriage certificate, certified
Health and Life insurance with spouse as beneficiary
Car registration
Bills from shared life
Lease or mortgage papers
Papers from big purchase (ie. car, house)
Photos
Three affadafits from people with knowledge of marriage
Letter from yours and spouses employer
Letter from bank confirming joint account and previous six months checks
Previous 3 years W-2s and tax returns
Plus your passport, I-94 (if you had one), kids birth certificates, yours and spouses birth certificates, evidence of arrests and previous divorces (if any).
I think that's it. I know it looks like a lot but you should have most of it gathered for the application anyway. And don't worry if you overstayed, if your marriage is genuine the overstaying if forgiven.

Hello.

I have a question.

What if I already got a stamp in my passport and just waiting for my greencard to arrive and decided to get a divorce, would it be revoked?

Thanks!

If you get a conditional G/C you need to file the I751 to remove conditions.

but if the green card is valid for 10 years and you decide to divorce it will not impact your immigration status.

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I am waiting for the Green Card, not the conditional one. I've been married for almost 4 years. Am I still going to get the conditional one???

And is it a good idea to keep sending a letter to the INS asking about my sitution? I had a interview on Feb. 2003. It's almost a year and no reply... I read all the forms on this net and mine seems like one of the slowest one.

If your application for permanent residence was approved in Feb 03 and you haven't received any thing form INS you should you an enquire about your case.

If you were married for 4 years at the time of approval you should get a permanent green card (10 yr expiration).

sachinphadke

please can i have your email address. .. since i want to discuss something with you ?? plz.. thanks

I got mine today, too! I applied through SF office, it took 10 months to get my stamp ( which they gave it to me right after our interview). I was so stress for the last few days, so was my husband, but we are glad its allllll over now!

I have posted my experiences under the other topic for "timeline in SF " ..

SO all the best for everybody in here!

And thanks for all the help from everybody!

:p