I got greencard but my son still has H4 visa. Is it still valid and can he apply for the adjustment

Russian guy

Hi all,

Please, answer me who met this situation. I had H1B visa but recently have got my greencard. But my son still has an H4 visa because he studied in Russia and visited me from time to time. Now he is here and wants to stay forever having applied for the adjustment of status. I filed I-140 with my original petition but he missed being here while processing my application. The problem is as somebody said to me that because my H1B is automatically cancelled once I got GC, his H4 is also no longer valid and therefore he has to go back to Russia in order to continue his processing via the American Embassy in Russia. Otherwise he will be considered to be illegal here. Is it true?

Thank you very much.

H4 -> greencard problem

Hi all,

Please, answer me who met this situation. I had H1B visa but recently have got my greencard. But my son still has an H4 visa because he studied in Russia and visited me from time to time. Now he is here and wants to stay forever having applied for the adjustment of status. I filed I-140 with my original petition but he missed being here while processing my application. The problem is as somebody said to me that because my H1B is automatically cancelled once I got GC, his H4 is also no longer valid and therefore he has to go back to Russia in order to continue his processing via the American Embassy in Russia. Otherwise he will be considered to be illegal here. Is it true?

Thank you very much.

child born abroad

I have boron overseas but I am a US citizen in this case what I should do to determine my child status. OR WHERE CAN I GO TO DO THE PROCESS. PLEASE WHO HAS SUGGESTION LET ME KNOW