I got approval message again; 2 months after first message

Galto2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I was (originally) approved on March 08 of 2005.

Couple of minutes ago, I got again :eek: you know, those two "magic" emails, but this time they are telling me I got approved on May 11th 2005.

Is this a reason for concern, I mean, should I do something about it, or just let it be?

Do I have to reset my "days after approval counter" before I can accept new employment offers?
:confused:

Check my post out. same happened today to my wife's case. I wonder if they will resend the approval letter again.

Rgds,

Yeppo

USCIS is just being generous, first they were slow approving people. Now just out of kindness and generosity they are approving everyone twice.

My wife got 6 welcome letters and I got 4. It's all because they got so attached to us as they had our files with them for years, now they had to close those files. This is their way of saying farewell after all the emotions.

Same thing happened to me. My spouse's online message changed.. I was hoping that it changes to Card Ordered or something. But no... the great guys at USCIS changed it to case approved on May 11th. It was first approved on March 31 and we already got our passports stamped on April 15th :)

Galto2000 said:
Hi Folks,
I was (originally) approved on March 08 of 2005.

Couple of minutes ago, I got again :eek: you know, those two "magic" emails, but this time they are telling me I got approved on May 11th 2005.

I too got a similar emails.

Basically USCIS, mails two approvals notices one for applicant and another for attroney.

Due to a some technical issues with system, it generated approval notice for applicant but fail to generate for attorney.

Technical issues with system has been resolved.
System is re-generating a two approval notices for applicant and attorney.

Please check the dates on your second 485 approval notice.
It should match with your first approval notice otherwise it may create a problem in future when you will file for your citizenship.

Mike

a little bird told me the following

Ok, this is what happened:

Apparently VSC had a computer glitch some time ago, and about 27 thousand notices were only sent to the applicant, but never to their attorneys.

Now, they figured out that some attorneys never gotten their approval notices, and some did... between now and like November 04.

So the VSC decided to resend all the notices in that time frame, and this time including the attorneys...

The little bird also told me not to worry... :)

I am in the same boat

I too got the approval emails and then the approval notice in mail for me and my spouse. I called the service center and they informed me that we need to fax our details and inform them that we received duplicate notices of an approved green card. This will prevent them from sending out duplicate greencards which could be a problem, as we are not supposed to have more than one card. Any thoughts??? Do we need to worry about this or just ignore it?

(me and my spouse details)
Approval in Nov 2004
Received GC cards in Jan 2005
Duplicate approval notice May 16 2005

:confused:

Galto2000 said:
Ok, this is what happened:

Apparently VSC had a computer glitch some time ago, and about 27 thousand notices were only sent to the applicant, but never to their attorneys.

Now, they figured out that some attorneys never gotten their approval notices, and some did... between now and like November 04.

So the VSC decided to resend all the notices in that time frame, and this time including the attorneys...

The little bird also told me not to worry... :)

I guess if the service center tells you that you need to do something about it, then we do have to worry about it... :confused:

I received my second approval letter in the us post mail today, on it the notice date says May 11 2005, but it doesn't say anything about the approval date.

Gosh... opening a new channel of communication with the service centre feels like opening a can of worms... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... I too got the approval letter with the notice date of May 11 2005. Looks like someone run program accidently generating automatic mails even when their application was approved..... wasting time and tax dollars for everyone..
:eek: :(
Galto2000 said:
I guess if the service center tells you that you need to do something about it, then we do have to worry about it... :confused:

I received my second approval letter in the us post mail today, on it the notice date says May 11 2005, but it doesn't say anything about the approval date.

Gosh... opening a new channel of communication with the service centre feels like opening a can of worms... :eek:

Hi
I am little bit tense, My LUD changed after 3 months of approval. Before getting your new approval letter or email, did you observed any LUD change?