I Don\'t See Any Major Approvals On This Board For India?

kalapani

Registered Users (C)
For the last 4-5 weeks I haven\'t seen any significant movement in 485 processing in VSC. What do you guys think, is 485 processing on hold for India? With the advancing PD for EB3 and more H-1 transfers due to lay offs, load is likely to increase on INS vermont. Last year\'s equation of jumping by 4 months in June July may not work this time. Looks like VSc has become waht CSC abd TSC was in past.

Please post your opinions. Also is there any clarification on 180 day rule?

Kalapani

No Title

It looks like what you said. The 485 processing seemed to have stopped with Oct99 cases. May be end of April hopefully we should see some approvals. I think they are concentrating on H1B approvals and I140 stuff as they are moving fast. It also looks to me that every month I485 application will take an average of two/three months. Also, there are no clarifications on 180 day rule job switch for pre-Oct17 485 filers and not expected until end of May (per my Lawyers comments and the his reason is that Bush Administration executive order is evaluating the new regulations)

Meanwhile I languish here perpetually... Bhanu K

No Title

Processing times in VSC -

Folks,

from the information posted on monthly 485 approvals at immitracker, it appears as if VSC is approving about 50 cases a month. This rate of 50 per month appears to be a robust estimate as it seems to be holding for January, February and March of 2001 i.e. after the new Bush administration took over.

Given this rate, it looks as if applications with ND of Feb 2001 (the latest as per the info on immitracker) will be approved in about 14 months from now (as there are 692 cases outstanding).

Thoughts and comments will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

Even if immitracker is not complete, one thing is for sure. It is definitely taking more than 14 months in most cases. So I would say even 14 months is a little optimistic.

No Title

Ivy2000 - it doesn\'t matter about all those who are not registered at immitracker. In spite of them not registering, we are seeing a trend of about 50 approvals a month among those who have registered. My estimated projection still stands. Of course, note that this IS a estimated projection and not a conclusion of any kind :)