• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I checked my status online on 1st of July and...

what result did the online status check return?

• i didn't check because i recieved NL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cheap amber

Registered Users (C)
as the dawn breaks over New Zealand on the 1st of July, the status checking should become available for dv2011 applicants.

please come to this thread and report what the machine tells you.

(there also should be a poll here if i get it to work)

Amber if I'm not mistaken, I think it will be available at 12:00am Eastern Standard time. You Kiwis may actually have to wait a day to check :lol:

Amber if I'm not mistaken, I think it will be available at 12:00am Eastern Standard time. You Kiwis may actually have to wait a day to check :lol:

i'm not sure about that. on the website it says "on or after July 1" which, without additional clarifications, should mean July 1 on Earth. plus people who had already taken part in the lottery before said that the results were available on June 30 (last year).

or do you have a specific source that says that it's 1200 eastern time?

Please be sure to have the Entrant's Confirmation Number, Last Name/Family Name, and Year of Birth in order to check the entrant status online. Note: Confirmation Number is 16 characters long (alphanumeric), starting with numeric digits 2010 (two zero one zero).

Please be sure to have the Entrant's Confirmation Number, Last Name/Family Name, and Year of Birth in order to check the entrant status online. Note: Confirmation Number is 16 characters long (alphanumeric), starting with numeric digits 2010 (two zero one zero).

indeed

well, so much for the New Zealand Hypothesis.

it's time for Greenwich Hypothesis!! (if that fails we have only Eastern Standard Time to fall back on)

cheap amber,

Nice idea for this poll! I remember also that the last year's online status check became available maybe even two days prior to July 1st. They haven't specified anywhere the time when it will become available, but I'm hoping that they will put it online today because, as you said, in some parts of the world July 1st will come much earlier than on the U.S. east coast.

i'm not sure about that. on the website it says "on or after July 1" which, without additional clarifications, should mean July 1 on Earth. plus people who had already taken part in the lottery before said that the results were available on June 30 (last year).

or do you have a specific source that says that it's 1200 eastern time?

nope I don't have any specific source..I just used the fact that the lottery dates and times are based on EST, so it figures to me that the results check should be EST as well. Anyway one way or the other it will be up and soon enough too. The IT folks at KCC may feel ready to put it up before midnight EST.

this is cheap amber blogging live from state department. the dv lottery page has been changed. they have announced that the online status check is available but it is not.

probably it will become available in the next few minutes. looks like the IT guys are hard at work.

i'll keep the status check party posted. the drinks are on the house.

state.gov is doing some weird stuff. it keeps going back and forth between the old and the new page. either the IT guys are hard at work or they're completely lost. or maybe the 12 000 000 hopeful immigrants are banging on the door all at once.

I didn't win either!:-( See you next year and good luck to everyone who hasn't checked his/her status yet.