I Called The Senator's Office

frustrated_alot

Registered Users (C)
I was transferred to someone who didn't really seem too helpful either. She told me that she would send an inquiry to USCIS but that once it is confirmed that my name-check is still pending there was nothing more she could do. She said some peole have been waiting as long as 2001. It didn't seem to me that she would do anything further than that. How do you get them to help you further?:confused:

Yes, I got the impression when I was dealing with my congressman and one of my senators that "name check" issues were really out of their hands.

I had no "name check" issues (my problem was that the USCIS descheduled my interview because they mis-routed my file -- then my application went into a black hole).

When I talked to the immigration aids at the congressman/senator's offices, they'd say "oh, it's probably name check and there is nothing we can do". They get so many of these requests and I'm sure they feel very helpless.

You need to somehow get enough sympathy on your side that the person feels like they should invest some time in your case.

Good luck

The politicians have no interest in putting out their necks for some unknown immigrant. It would be a scandal if the name check turned up some dirt on that applicant. Keep getting Infopass and keep trying the senator/Rep's office. Keep trying, at least you are lucky enough to have a GC.

not true. the person at the senator's office that i called was very courteous and explained that there's nothing they can do about name checks. there really is nothing they can do. don't think they don't want to help.

however, that doesn't mean that this rule isn't asinine. the senators could take 5 minutes out of their busy schedule and think this through instead of having their aides dismiss "name check" issues as unsolvable. if they did, maybe they'd realize that this rule isn't really helping anyone or the country and could easily do something about it. ruining people's lives because of a computer algorithm! can't believe no one in the power circles has gone - "they are doing what? are they crazy?"

my opinion is that the critical mass of people who get stuck in name check is so small that it doesn't warrant any serious thought compared to other bigger issues that senators may be involved with - of which there are many. in the bigger scheme of things, our issue hasn't reached a point where it warrants any serious thought, i guess.