• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I arrived, now what am I forgetting?

Gabocha

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

As at two weeks ago, I landed and finally became a legal permanent resident! If it weren't for the help of a host of board regulars here, I would not have gotten this far, so thankyou to all those people.

I have read the Welcome to America guide cover to cover, but I still feel unprepared and have a couple of questions. If this is the wrong forum for that, I'll gladly move the post over at your suggestion.

1) I gave a Californian address at my port of entry, but am currently holidaying in New York with a friend for a month or two, in order to set up. Do I need to file an AR-11 form to inform them of my location, or would this end up diverting all mail to the NY residence? (not ideal) I'm not quite sure of the purpose of this form is, and whether or not I even have to file it.

2) Social security number is next on my to-do list, are there any other key things I need to do that you can think of?

3) Finally, is there any other things I need to keep UCIS informed of, outside of change of address, and other big things like marriage and leaving the country for >6 mos?

Thanks again for all your ongoing help. Wish you the best.