I am so tired of waiting.

annv

Registered Users (C)
I was granted asylum in 1997 and filed I-485 in September 1998. It is my understanding that I am not going to get green card at least for 2 more years. should I just forget about it and start H1-B1 process? What effect my asylee status can have on the work visa? And vice verso, how it will affect my current status.
Thanks for any info...

No Title

Hi Annv,

Coincidentally I also filed my I-485 in September 1997 at the local INS district office. Still no final approval yet.
  I don\'t think the INS will have any problems with an asylee obtaining H1B and applying for I-485 under employment. Consult your case with a lawyer.
  I consulted my case with a lawyer and he told me I can file employment I-485 while my asylum based I-485 is pending.

I\'m still waiting also.

I was granted asylum in 1997 and filed I-485 in October 1998. It is my understanding that I am not going to get green card at least for 6 more years. I called today INS in Nebraska and she told me that they are giving 2 month worth of applications per year green cards. meaning that I had to wait 6 more years for my interview. Isn\'t that crazy?

No Title

Yes it\'s crazy, but sadly it is also the truth. Some people grow so impatient that they look for alternative ways of obtaining green card like employer sponsorship, marriage, even lottery.

2 months?!

How is it possible. They have a cap of 10000 green cards per year. This means they have 60000 appliication between current cut-of date and October 1998. This is NOT possible

No Title

It\'s not 60,000 but it is in high thousands. If you want the actual number search in my old posts, I found it at a law firm web site once and posted it in here. Worst of all the asylee adjustment quota for FY2002 has been approved yet so the INS is not stamping any asylee I-485 approvals right now.
 But I tell you, it is no exaggaration that it takes 4 to 6 years right now.

Help

Hello All,

I came to this country in 1990 as a F1 student and then in 1994 I have applied for Political Asylum and science then every year I am getting my EAD card. I wasn\'t asaked for any interview yet. I have finished my school and for last 5 years working as a software developer. My question is, is there any way I can adjust my status
through my employer as they are now willing to sponsor me.

Thanks,
Ravi