I am now a (confirmed) victim of name check pending!

SHAMAL

Registered Users (C)
My Senator enquired the status of my pending AOS at NSC. Within a day NSC responded to the request and the senator staff forwarded their response to me immediately (someone called Barbara from NSC actually emailed the senator staff, which was forwarded to me.

So, far I had only heard about the dreadful name check, but now I am getting the flavor of it myself. The email specifically says that my name check from FBI is pending. Once they get the results the case will be assigned to an officer for adjudication.

Another interesting thing mentioned in NSC email was the validity of my FP (Code 1) beyond the 15 months that people normally assume to be the case. My FP was done in July 2004, and NSC says they are valid through October 2006.

So, out of retrogression and into this damn name check hell hole! This is nothing but frustration raised to the power of n!

140 and namecheck?

Does it mean name check is cleared if 140 took more than 180 days to approve? For me it took 467 days for my 140. 485 is still pending. I have read somewhere in the forum regarding this. Please advise.
PD:09/2002 EB3 India.

Contact FBI?

Did you ask your senator to contact FBI. They have a liaison from whom they can confirm.

skp19722003 said:
Does it mean name check is cleared if 140 took more than 180 days to approve? For me it took 467 days for my 140. 485 is still pending. I have read somewhere in the forum regarding this. Please advise.
PD:09/2002 EB3 India.
i don't think that i140 and name check are connected somehow...

Can you send a copy of the draft to Senator?

SHAMAL said:
My Senator enquired the status of my pending AOS at NSC. Within a day NSC responded to the request and the senator staff forwarded their response to me immediately (someone called Barbara from NSC actually emailed the senator staff, which was forwarded to me.

So, far I had only heard about the dreadful name check, but now I am getting the flavor of it myself. The email specifically says that my name check from FBI is pending. Once they get the results the case will be assigned to an officer for adjudication.

Another interesting thing mentioned in NSC email was the validity of my FP (Code 1) beyond the 15 months that people normally assume to be the case. My FP was done in July 2004, and NSC says they are valid through October 2006.

So, out of retrogression and into this damn name check hell hole! This is nothing but frustration raised to the power of n!

Hi,

Can you please be kind enough to share the copy/draft format of the letter sent to Senator's office? This will be helpful for my friend.

Thanks

Contact FBI?

Will make an attempt to ask the Senator office staff for contacting FBI to expedite the name check. Will keep you posted.

me too

my name check has been pending since feb,2004 as per INS. has just
sent a letter to the senator to expedite my namecheck. no specific format was followed just my information and requesting for namecheck. will
post it once i hear something back from them

thanks

PD: Sep,1999, I-140 approved on Nov,2000(waited for my PD to become current but did not, so quit and tried my luck elsewhere , failed in that attempt so joined back my original employer and continued processing where i left off that's why my 485 PD is Nov,2004)
485 RD: Nov,2004
EB3,India

Letter To Senator

Here is the letter that I had written to the Senator. Modify it as per your details. I hope this helps at least some or all of you. I must also acknowldege some wording that I took from a letter that was posted by someone earlier. It may not be possible for some of you, but in my case I personally visited the Senators office and submitted the letter and the privacy form. Also, it is my guess that whenever an inquiry goes from a Senators office, the service center folks reply almost immediately with the 'true status', often withn a day or two. This is how I found out about the pending name check. I am going to request their help again, may also seek help from the Congressman - that is my plan. Here is the letter:

Senator xxxxxx
address

Date

Re.: Assistance in resolving the unreasonable delay in approval of Employment Based Petition for Legal Permanent Resident Status

Honorable Senator xxxxx,

I write to you as one of the law abiding, tax paying and highly qualified skilled professional contributing economically and by bringing family values to the great state of xxx and the Nation. I have been working as/at xxx. I am seeking your assistance in resolving the unreasonable delay that I have been experiencing regarding the adjudication of my Adjustment of Status (AOS) application to that of a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR); a.k.a. the Green Card (GC).

The first phase of my GC process has already been completed successfully through the approval of immigrant petition under the xxx category. I filed my AOS application at the xxxx Service Center (XSC) of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on xxxx; which has been pending since then. The xSC is currently processing AOS cases with Receipt Notice Date of xxxx, which clearly indicates that my case is xxxx outside the current processing time. Recent enquiry with USCIS resulted in the current status such as “case awaiting required security checks”, which often takes inordinate amount of time, unless intervention is sought through a Senator or a Congressman. Moreover, owing to the recent immigrant visa retrogression in place my plight in this condition is beyond imagination and it seems endless. The validity of my H1B visa (on which I am currently employed) is 6 years and beyond that I have to depend on expensive yearly extensions of employment authorization and advance parole (for returning to the US after overseas travel) documents. Serious family dissatisfactions often occur due to this long GC process. In many instances I am also severely restricted because I have to forego professional career advancement opportunities as these are limited only to either US permanent residents or citizens.

Senator, I have worked very hard to achieve the status that I have today, since my arrival in xxxx in xxx. I have significantly contributed to the States economy in a variety of different ways. Write about your work, how you contribute etc. On a personal level, I recently made probably the most significant investment of my life by purchasing a home in xxxx; my son and daughter are growing up here and are attending xxxx Elementary School. My family and I love xxxx and consider this as our home, and would continue to be part of the growth and development of this city, the state of xxx and the Nation for years to come.

Clearly it is ironic that on one hand I have a permanent job at xxx, my lifetime investment is in xxx city, we consider this city as our home; yet our lives are highly unstable as we still do not have a Legal Permanent Resident status in this country. Therefore, based on the foregoing, I am requesting you for your kind assistance in doing whatever you can in your power for expediting the adjudication of my AOS application for becoming a Legal Permanent Resident of the United States.

My case details and contact information is given below. The case details for my spouse, son and daughter are not provided here because USCIS normally does not approve the dependent applications unless and until the primary is approved. Generally, once the primary applicants petition is approved, dependent applications are automatically approved.

Date of Birth: xxx
Country of birth: xxx
Country of Citizenship: xxx
A Number: xxx
Application number for AOS to LPR: xxx
Service center: USCIS, xxx Service Center

Residence address: xxx
xxx
Tel. No. (Home): xxx
Email: xxxx

The completed and signed ‘Privacy Act Release Form’ is attached to this letter. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I am sincerely grateful for the constituent services provided by you and your offices, Thank you.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx

Shamal, did you ever do a status check?What reply did you get from NSC?
dID IT SPECIFICALLY MENTION NAME/BACKGROUND CHECK OR DID IT JUST SAY THAT BECAUSE OF LACK OF VISA AVAILABILITY BLAH......

Gc Bandwagon

My PD is current. I have done status checks from which I found out that my background checks are pending. With Senators inquiry I found out that it is the Name Check that is pending.

any pd?

Like green card PD, is there any PD for name check? I see in this forum, name check is pending for lot of people who applied in 2000, 2001. I know some guys who work in my office who applied GC in 2002 and got GC in 2004 (EB3, India). How come their name check cleared on time?? This is so confusing.

skp19722003 said:
Like green card PD, is there any PD for name check? I see in this forum, name check is pending for lot of people who applied in 2000, 2001. I know some guys who work in my office who applied GC in 2002 and got GC in 2004 (EB3, India). How come their name check cleared on time?? This is so confusing.

There is no such thing as PD for name check. Actully I think there is no such thing as Queue for name check as well.

But you did raise a good point on why some later filed people are stuck in GC. I think whoever filed I485 in 2003/2004 and could not get GC before retrogression are stuck in name check.

"I know some guys who work in my office who applied GC in 2002 and got GC in 2004 (EB3, India)."
They started labor in 2002.
I meant they filed 485 in end of 2003 ONLY.

Man 90% of those cases (filed in '03/04) I know have not been approved.

damascus said:
There is no such thing as PD for name check. Actully I think there is no such thing as Queue for name check as well.

But you did raise a good point on why some later filed people are stuck in GC. I think whoever filed I485 in 2003/2004 and could not get GC before retrogression are stuck in name check.

I don't want to discourage anyone from trying but we filed so far three congressional and one senatorial inquiries about my husband's (derivative) name check with only one result - they all tell us "his security checks have not been completed and they can not be of any help to us on that matter". His name check has been pending since December 2002 or for more than three years. The Senator (Illinois) or Congressman can't do anything at all if the FBI doesn't cooperate. He is filing for his fifth EAD at this moment.
My (primary case) was approved two years ago.

udacha6 said:
I don't want to discourage anyone from trying but we filed so far three congressional and one senatorial inquiries about my husband's (derivative) name check with only one result - they all tell us "his security checks have not been completed and they can not be of any help to us on that matter". His name check has been pending since December 2002 or for more than three years. The Senator (Illinois) or Congressman can't do anything at all if the FBI doesn't cooperate. He is filing for his fifth EAD at this moment.
My (primary case) was approved two years ago.
Your nickname looks at least ironic taking in account what you said above :)