I am not planning to look for new job

CAF

Registered Users (C)
HI, My I-485 application(derivative ) is pending with NSC, I have EAD and AP . My wife is the primary applicant , She is working on H1. My H1 expired in 02/02/2004, since I cannot renew beyond six years cause I am not the primary applicant. Currently I am working with the same company and using EAD, looks like my contract will be over end of this month and after that I am not planning to look for new job cause I thinking to open my own business not in **IT** and It will take atleast 6 to 9 months before I will open new business. in case there is any REF can INS ask for my job letter,W2,pay stub etc or any thing releated to my job what kind of effect will happen on my I-485 application. My wife's job is secure. pls advice

1-485::::
RD 10/21/2002
ND 11/25/2002
FP 12/12/2002

No effect

As far as your wife's AOS application is considered, you are just excess baggage :) . What you do, provided not criminal, is irrelevant to the application.

Yes, SirZ is right.

You can enjoy the freedom even before you get a green card.

Primary applicant needs to stay with original company which has filed her labor.

There won't be any RFE regarding your employment...I guess. If you get RFE, it might be like marriage certificate or proof of marital status, medical records etc.

Enjoy!

Mugdha.

"you are just excess baggage" ...

SriZ , I hope you don't mind if I use this phrase in future without any credit to you:)

Good one.

CAF,

You should have no problems with RFE(except Birth Certificate, Proof of Marriage, Photographs, etc) as long as you are not the primary applicant.

However, in the past there have been Employment RFEs issued for dependent petitioners. You can ignore that which obviously your attorney will tell you. As long as your spouse has her full time job at the time when the RFE is issued, you should have no problems.

Interestingly your RD and ND seems to way apart. Any specific reasons from your side. Nothing to worry about, just curious.

And btw, good luck with your business.