I-94# problem

kaixin

Registered Users (C)
I am encountering an unusual problem. I got my H-1B approved couples of weeks ago. However the I-94# on the H-1B approval notice is incorrect due to Service Center error. It does not match up the one on my I-94 card. My lawyer who did the H-1B petition for me says that I can file an I-102 to have it corrected. But it's hard to correct the I-94# on my H-1B approval notice. What I can do is to apply for a new I-94, the number of which matchs up the incorrect one on the notice. What a weird policy! Actually applying for a new number is OK to me. The problem is that another lawyer is going to file my I-140 soon. And she uses my correct I-94# for my I-140 petition. I really don't want to get into this number trouble at this moment. By the way, I don't have an A# now. So I would like to ask the following questions:

1. Is the incorrect I-94# on the aproval notice a potential problem to my I-140 or 485 petition? If not, I wouldn't file an I-102 for the correction, or do this later?

2. If I must have the wrong number corrected, can I file the I-102 at the meantime with I-140 or 485? Will filing an I-102 cause any problems to my I-140 or 485 petition?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks a lot.

What did you do ?

I'm in similar situation. what did you do in your case ? what happened ?

Kindest regards, yd

Dont worry the new I-94# is correct. Your old I-94 is not valid any more.
Every time you ask for a transfer or extensions the I-94# changes.

I think I-94# should be same all the time, I had many, and every time you change the status (J-1 to H-1B, H-1B to H-4, H-1B extention) I-94 number WAS THE SAME.
INS always asks for old I-94s, starting from the first you got when entering US last time.

I94 # vs A#

I changed status many times. I have the same I94 number all the time. The strange thing is I got two different A# even I have not get an approved immigration visa yet. Anyone has an idea?

hathwar said:
Dont worry the new I-94# is correct. Your old I-94 is not valid any more.
Every time you ask for a transfer or extensions the I-94# changes.

So you think I shoud file an I-102 for a new I-94#, or not. Thanks.