I-94 lost

RDMarch15

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Sorry to open a new thread. I am terrified and confused. My wife lost her I-94. Last week she left to India. But we had copy of her I-94. At the check-in-counter the lady asked for the I-94. My wife said she lost it. then the lady filled a duplicate for her.
We are in the 485 stage and I am a March 02 filer.
She is planning to come back in Feb. She is travelling on AP.Previously also she entered on AP.
Do you guys think any problem when entering in to US.
or I need to call INS Customer Service and Inform the issue

Do not worry. You get a new I-94 every time you enter into the country. The form is usually given on the last leg, maybe a few hours before landing, to the US POE.

Hope this helps.

nkaveti,
But the copy of my I-94 says fail to return the reciept befor boarding will delay the entry in to the US. thats what I am worried about. So she took all the papers..(payslips...... certificates.....)
thanks

If the lady took copies at check-in I'm not sure what the problem is.

In my experience, they take old I-94 at check-in or boarding, then you get new I-94 on re-entry to the country. I have no idea what they do with the copy that they take at check-in.

It sounds as if there should not be a problem in your case but I'm not so sure I'm understanding correctly.

Good luck!

I travelled on AP last July 2003. I didn't have my original I-94 with me as my lawyer submitted it with my 485 application (that's another story). The lady in the counter didn't even ask for my I94.

Anyway, I didn't have problem coming back with my AP. My POE was JFK. The IO put my papers in a red folder and sent me to a room. There, I sat for half an hour then my name was called and they said everything's fine. They stamped my AP without asking me anything.

I think your wife will be okay. :)

every day thousands of immigrants( vistors or workers or etc...) will fly from US to various countires . Imagine if all these i-94 cards they want to track it is really impossible to INS. If they took these things seriously our 485 process will take 100 years to approve. So dont worry . photo copy is fine to them.

I gave my expired(white) i-94 card but not the one which we will get along with I-129(H1B extension or transfer) approval.

so dont worry. Nothing will happen. this things they dont consider because there is no harm to their country, unless some thing happens they dont bother. that is the reason the started taking finger prints and photograph. moreover as per as my knowldge they collect these forms and enter them in a file for processing by airlines and later they destory. INS will process then some time later.

any way good luck

Last edited by a moderator: