I-94 lost, H-4 revalidation

ShashiKash

1. My wife lost her I-94 departure record when she left for India from here. She did not have it when she left United States. She is currently in India. Please let me know of the procedures involved in obtaining a new I-94 for her so that she can join me in United States OR is it possible that she can come to United States WITHOUT the I-94 record.
I shall be thankful for your kind reply.

2. Initially, I was working for a consulting Company in United States. I had a H-1B VISA and my wife was on a H-4 VISA with my consulting Company\'s name on the VISA. My wife left for India. In the meantime, I changed the Company that I am working for and became a permanent employee in a different Company. Hence, my H-1B was transferred to the new Company. I am planning to go to India in December to visit my wife. Please let me know if it is sufficient to take a letter from my current employer to have my wife\'s H-4 validated at the consulate in India OR should I get a NEW H-4 for my wife thru my present employer.

No Title

1. My wife lost her I-94 departure record when she left for India from here. She did not have it when she left United States. She is currently in India. Please let me know of the procedures involved in obtaining a new I-94 for her so that she can join me in United States OR is it possible that she can come to United States WITHOUT the I-94 record.

2. Initially, I was working for a consulting Company in United States. I had a H-1B VISA and my wife was on a H-4 VISA with my consulting Company\'s name on the VISA. My wife left for India. In the meantime, I changed the Company that I am working for and became a permanent employee in a different Company. Hence, my H-1B was transferred to the new Company. I am planning to go to India in December to visit my wife. Please let me know if it is sufficient to take a letter from my current employer to have my wife\'s H-4 validated at the consulate in India OR should I get a NEW H-4 for my wife thru my present employer.

Get new I-94 when you enter US from Canada by Road

I have valid I-94 with company A. Got laid of from company A. Company B which has my approved visa since Feb 2000 wants me to get new I-94 by travelling to Canada.

Does anyone knows if one can give old I-94 and get new I-94, if you enter US by road from Canada.

Need more info

If your current I-94 is valid till 2003 I don\'t think you should have any problems. You may not even get a new I-94.