I-94 (extension) --(Very urgent Plaese0

Ramani Krishnamurthy

Registered Users (C)
am on H1. My I-94 expires by April 2001. I have got H1-extension and revailidated my passport with new H1-extension till October 2003. Since My I-94 expires by April 2001, I am thinking of going to canada/mexico and come back just only to get new I-94.

Some of my freinds told me that they never issue new I-94 by going to canada and comeback immediately. All my freinds travelled by land.

My question is if I travel by Air to canada/mexico, upon return to USA whether I can get new I-94 at the time of Port of entry.
Also, do you feel is anyother propble will be there?

Thanks,
Ramani

No Title

am on H1. My I-94 expires by April 2001. I have got H1-extension and revailidated my passport with new H1-extension till October 2003. Since My I-94 expires by April 2001, I am thinking of going to canada/mexico and come back just only to get new I-94.

Some of my freinds told me that they never issue new I-94 by going to canada and comeback immediately. All my freinds travelled by land.

My question is if I travel by Air to canada/mexico, upon return to USA whether I can get new I-94 at the time of Port of entry.
Also, do you feel is anyother propble will be there?

Thanks,
Ramani

No Title

Check your new H1 extension. New I94 with new validity dates should be there at the bottom of the I797. That I94 supercedes the old I94. Detach it and keep it with the old one - only to be handed over when you leave the country next.

Thanks.

No Title

Did you ever get your problem taken care of ??? Did you have to travel outside US and come back in to fix your I-94 ?

I am in the same situation - My I-94 is about to expire although I have a valid visa and H-1b approval notice. Just looking around for solutions.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.