I-94 expiring, any way to extend it ?

fiaz

Registered Users (C)
My uncle is a Permanent Resident. He have filed I-130 for wife/kids in 1999. His wife/kids got V1/V3 visas in 2003. They came to US in Sep. 2003. Their I-94 is getting expired in Sep. 2005 but visa validity is till 2013. Their I-130 is approved in August 2004.

Can wife/kids are able to stay past I-94 date, considering that their I-130 is aprroved. What they should do to get the GC remaining in the US? Also, if wife/kids leave, how long it takes to get the visa number or stamping in home country?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advices.

they dont need to leave to extend the I-94. they should file and I539 to extend the visa (and an I765 for and EAD but thats optional) Make sur ethey file the I539 before the I-94 expires.

Hi I would like to know what if i-94 has been expired already. And Person want to go to india to atttend marriage and come back again within 4 weeks

Thanks in Advance

If you file have been approved, and if they have received papers from NVC, they have a choice to apply from Consulate..... They can go back to India and apply for permanent residence from India.