I 94 expired

ram dodge

I need some help on this here is the situation.I have my visa on XYZ company and it expires on March 2000 and I went to India in dec 1999 and came back in Jan 2000 and I got a I-94 saying admitted till March 2000 at port of entry.I had changed my company to ABC and I sent my visa to DC for stamping and got a new visa valid till 2002.Since my I-94 has expired am I on illegal status.Feedback is apprecited.

No Title

What happened to the I-94 that was attached to the bottom of your approval notice?

Jim

No Title

I concur with Jim. The bootom of the approval notice for company ABC should have a I94, attach that to your passport and you are set.

No Title

I am not sure if you have taken care of the matter. But I thought I will write the experience we had. My husband was in the same situation last year. His I-94 expired in March 99 while he had an H1 approval till 2001. This happened because we travelled out of the country the in Dec 1998. What happens is the newest I-94 takes the precedence. So the I-94 attached to the approval become invalid once they issue a new I-94 at the port of entry. If you stay past the date in I-94, you are supposed be "out of status"My husband had to go to India an get a new visa stamped on his passport and re enter.( His lawyers advice him to do so.) I think you should get in touch with your lawyer and explain the situation.
Hope this helps

No Title

I came to the US in May, 2000 on H4 dependent visa which is valid up to December, 2001. At the port of entry (Miami), I-94 was issued without a controlling date. Meaning, I-94 has no date stamped at all. Until now I did not give a serious thought to this matter. Recently when I applied for my drivers license, the officer denied issuing me the license on the ground that there is no controlling date on my I-94. Please help me on what I should do. (My husband has a valid H1 up to December, 2001.) Does this mean I am out of status? If I go to the local INS, will I be in trouble? What is the best course of action? Thanks for your help. - AR