I-94 and GC

GCCub

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Can any one tell what happens to old I-94(s) when one travel abroad after getting GC..do we need to deposit all old I-94 cards.

thanks

Hi Guys,

Can any one tell what happens to old I-94(s) when one travel abroad after getting GC..do we need to deposit all old I-94 cards.

thanks

I had the exact same question to my attorney and got the reply that I-94 is irrelevant after getting your GC. So I was advised to keep the I-94s for my records and NOT submit those to the airlines people when I leave the country.

Basically, if you submit the I-94 after getting the GC, it could potentially cause un-necessary confusion as your departure records for a non immigrant visa will again get updated. I think the general rule of thumb is that the latest document takes precedence and submitting the I-94 after getting GC might cause a lot of confusion.

While there should not be a problem as far as the status itself is concerned, I will follow the advice of my attorney and not submit the I-94 when I leave outside the country in about 2 weeks time.

You might want to consult your attorney as well if you have one.