I-90 help!

abish_09

Registered Users (C)
Okay, here's a quick overview of my case. I have been a GC holder since 2000. I got married 5 months ago in November 2005 to a Canadian citizen. I have filed my I-90 to get the last name on my GC changed to my married name. I e-filed my I-90 on December 6, 2005 and got a Receipt Notice a couple weeks after I e-filed. So basically, what I'm waiting for right now is my biometrics appointment, right? Anyway, I kept tracking my status online and kept getting the same message: "....it is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case". But the problem is, I'm close to approaching 150 days without any word from them.

So I called the customer service number and they told me they can't do anything about it and all I can do right now is sit back and wait. I asked her which Service Center is processing my I-90 if I e-filed. She told me it was the National Benefits Center, not any of the Service Centers. Now this kinda confused me coz when I checked the processing dates online, only the Service Centers are processing I-90's and there's no processing date for I-90's in the National Benefits Center. And even if my case was indeed in one of the Service Centers, they're now processing I-90's beyond the date that I filed mine.

So here I am confused and frustrated. Was I misinformed by the customer service rep? What am I supposed to do now? Any insight or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(Sorry for the long post. I'm just a frustrated newlywed who can't be with her husband. I am moving to Canada temporarily until my husband finishes his degree. And I can't move up there until I set all my ducks in a row...)

I had a similar situation a few months ago, although not in entirely identical circumstances. I was applying for a GC renewal, and my NOA said to call for an FP appointment. When I did so, I was informed that these were not being scheduled by phone any more, and to wait for an FP notification.

Well, after 90 days went by without receiving an FP notice and only seeing the standard message online, I called again. This time I was told that I was misinformed by the previous CIS representative. I made my appointment verbally, and everything went smoothly after that (see timeline below).

I-90 timeline:
10/02/05: I90 E-filed
10/05/05: NOA Received
01/21/06: FP Appointment
02/03/06: Approval Notice
02/11/06: GC Received

I am not sure what you were instructed to do in your NOA, but perhaps the above will help.

Good Luck!