I-90 help!

abish_09

Registered Users (C)
Okay, here's a quick overview of my case. I have been a GC holder since 2000. I got married 5 months ago in November 2005 to a Canadian citizen. I have filed my I-90 to get the last name on my GC changed to my married name. I e-filed my I-90 on December 6, 2005 and got a Receipt Notice a couple weeks after I e-filed. So basically, what I'm waiting for right now is my biometrics appointment, right? Anyway, I kept tracking my status online and kept getting the same message: "....it is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case". But the problem is, I'm close to approaching 150 days without any word from them.

So I called the customer service number and they told me they can't do anything about it and all I can do right now is sit back and wait. I asked her which Service Center is processing my I-90 if I e-filed. She told me it was the National Benefits Center, not any of the Service Centers. Now this kinda confused me coz when I checked the processing dates online, only the Service Centers are processing I-90's and there's no processing date for I-90's in the National Benefits Center. And even if my case was indeed in one of the Service Centers, they're now processing I-90's beyond the date that I filed mine.

So here I am confused and frustrated. Was I misinformed by the customer service rep? What am I supposed to do now? Any insight or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(Sorry for the long post. I'm just a frustrated newlywed who can't be with her husband. I am moving to Canada temporarily until my husband finishes his degree. And I can't move up there until I set all my ducks in a row...)

abish_09 said:
Okay, here's a quick overview of my case. I have been a GC holder since 2000. I got married 5 months ago in November 2005 to a Canadian citizen. I have filed my I-90 to get the last name on my GC changed to my married name. I e-filed my I-90 on December 6, 2005 and got a Receipt Notice a couple weeks after I e-filed. So basically, what I'm waiting for right now is my biometrics appointment, right? Anyway, I kept tracking my status online and kept getting the same message: "....it is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case". But the problem is, I'm close to approaching 150 days without any word from them.

So I called the customer service number and they told me they can't do anything about it and all I can do right now is sit back and wait. I asked her which Service Center is processing my I-90 if I e-filed. She told me it was the National Benefits Center, not any of the Service Centers. Now this kinda confused me coz when I checked the processing dates online, only the Service Centers are processing I-90's and there's no processing date for I-90's in the National Benefits Center. And even if my case was indeed in one of the Service Centers, they're now processing I-90's beyond the date that I filed mine.

So here I am confused and frustrated. Was I misinformed by the customer service rep? What am I supposed to do now? Any insight or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(Sorry for the long post. I'm just a frustrated newlywed who can't be with her husband. I am moving to Canada temporarily until my husband finishes his degree. And I can't move up there until I set all my ducks in a row...)

I really don't know what you can do. But I can tell you what happened to me. I applied online too. But my case was transferred to the Service Center in Nov, 2005. I just got my correct card back. My online status is still not updated after a month. So, I don't know how reliable the online status is. May be you can try to call couple time, hopefully different persom may know more about it. Or hopefully the representative can forward your call to a immigration officer.

My I-90 is also frustrating. I filed it on 12/13/2005. Then in 3/2006, they sent me an RFE for submitting I-89. And it was just yesterday 4/27/2006, they sent me another RFE. I don't know what they want this time. My green card correction was due to the USCIS mistake. They have all my information, I don't know why they still keep sending RFE. It's 5 months already for just a green card correction, and it takes longer time than my I-485 process!!! Because of waiting for the correction, I can't change my address (otherwise it is going to take another million years), and I postpone my travel. It's a very painful process for me.

just got to know u sent to CSC, and checked CSC i-90 processing date is FEB 23, looks we cant believe their processing date, because ur recipt is 12/2005, since u have got a RFE for I-89, i think u will get ur new card very soon. good luck!

j_j2001 said:
just got to know u sent to CSC, and checked CSC i-90 processing date is FEB 23, looks we cant believe their processing date, because ur recipt is 12/2005, since u have got a RFE for I-89, i think u will get ur new card very soon. good luck!

I thought so but I was wrong! CSC received my I-89 RFE on 4/7/2006. Then nothing happened until 4/27/2006, suddenly they said they sent me another RFE!!! I have not received it yet and I don't know what they want this time. One thing I am sure, based on the CSC's motionless speed, at least in the next 30 days, I won't be able to get my new card. j_j2001 you are right, their online processing date is very unreliable. Thanks j_j2001.