I-90 Card never received due to Administration error - Receipt issuance and processin

ipo

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone who submitted an I-90 to Texas Service Center for a card that was never received please share your experience regarding:

1. How long after submitting the I-90 did it take to receive the Receipt?

2. How long after submitting the I-90 did it take to receive your GC?

Thank you!

PS - I know a lot of people are in this situation. Does anyone know why was there such a big batch of GCs that were printed incorrectly?

Hello Ipo,

Heres my experience

My GC was missing my middle name.
So I went to my local USCIS office, INFOPASS is great, and asked the immigration officer what would be the best thing to do. The officer told me to file an I-90 reason "d. My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error" to the Center that issued my GC, which is the office in Lee's Summit MO.
The officer told me NOT to send in my GC or anything else, only the I-90 application. I filed the I-90 october 2005.

Two months passed and I recieve nothing from USCIS. No notification or reciept.
So I filed an I-90 again on December 2005. I recieve a letter on January 2006 asking for evidence( birth certificate, Photocopy of Reciept I-485, Photocopy of Passport) and my GC.I recieve another letter on February 2006 stating that I'll recieve my new corrected GC within 2-3 weeks. It's almost a month now and it hasnt arrived.

As for the error, I believe these errors are merely typos. It really depends on who handles your case, who types the information on your GC, reciept, etc.