I-864 Tax questions, etc...

champ1979

Registered Users (C)
I had some additional questions regarding my green card application...I'd appreciate very much if some of you could answer them...

1. My wife (US citizen) is sponsoring me (H-1B). I'm the one who works right now, and our last tax return was joint. So no problem on that. If we wanted to send all three years of tax returns, does it make sense to send in MY tax returns (even though the form I-864 addresses my wife, on point 25, where it says "I have attached photocopies of my Federal Tax Returns for my second and third most recent tax years").

2. When mailing the forms, do I need to include the instruction pages on each form? Or do I just need send the pages which contain the actual form fields?

3. G-325 (for the intending immigrant) is asked for with both forms I-130 and I-485. Do I need to send 2 copies in that case?

4. Form I-864 also states that I need to show proof that my income will continue to come from the same source. Does this mean I need to get a letter from my employer? What do they need to state on the letter?

5. While I was an F-1 student, I had applied for OPT and I was assigned an A-number. Can I use that A-number or is it better for me to leave it blank?
I am confused because I'm seeing varying opinions about this stated on this forum.

Thanks a lot!