I-864 question please ???

Ruddin

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

I am on H1-b and my wife is an USC, planning to apply for AOS, I have some question and I appreciate your time and help.

My wife was in school till first quarter of 2006 and she started working after finishing school and her income is over poverty level (125%), and when she was in school she used to work as internship and filed the taxes which is way below the poverty level. Now if we file my wife as sponsor will it be any problem? since she filed taxes when she was in school but that is under poverty level? or it's ok to file since she was in school and last year she started working filed taxes which is above poverty level.

Thanks in Advance

Ruddin

How long have you been here on H-1B? You can use your income on the affidavit to bolster the amount earned. Did you wife taxes jointly with your wife for 2006, or did you get married in 2007?

Thanks Dr_lha....I appreciate your quick reply and kind help.

I dont know if I can show my w-2's because my income for 2006 was for only 2 month...which is way below poverty level.

I came here nov2006 and we got married in dec2006, Yes we have filed the taxes jointly for 2006.

Thanks again
Ruddin