i-864 processing check not encashed

shah73

Registered Users (C)
CP Gurus,
I sent I-864 form in May. Check is not encashed yet. what shall I do ?
I received Packet 3 and already sent it over around 2 weeks a go that check is also not encashed yet.
I don't know what to do ?

Do I need to send certified cashier check ? I just send regular check of $50 for I-864 and $260 for packet 3. Check is drawn from US back. Is that OK ?

please help

Originally posted by shah73
Do I need to send certified cashier check ? I just send regular check of $50 for I-864 and $260 for packet 3. Check is drawn from US back. Is that OK ?

Which category are u applying in ? 864 is definatly not required in EB cases.. I dont know about the $50 fee but the $260 absolutly has to be paid with a certified check or money order.

thanks Moulin Rouge,
I think I am bit later for this. You are right both check should be Certified cashier check.
I waited bit long for this. I am going to send out both by tomorrow. do you know how much time does it take to finish both formalities ?

I really appreciate your comment.

i sent my I-864 in july.
when did you recieve the Packet 3 because i sent DS 3032 in july and want to know the timeline as to when to expect Packet 3.
Brief details about myself.
US citizen
Chennai consulate

Hi lbrn

You should get it within 15 to 20 days. I hope you have sent DS-3032 to NH !!
good luck. and hope you have sent certified check to the NVC.

hi shah73,
i did mail DS-3032 to NH along with certified casiers check. thanks for the timeline info.good luck with your mailing of new cashiers check. keep in touch. looks like we are on the same boat.

just called the ph.no on my cashiers check and found out that it was cashed on july 26th. i had mailed I-864 on july 20th along with $65 fee. is this good or bad and is it moving any faster or is that normal?