I-864 or I-864EZ, can I use either of them?

triniqueen

Registered Users (C)
Filling AOS living in the US and marry to a USC, I already filled out the I-864 and now I see that there is a new form I-864EZ, we have no co-sponsers, so can I still used the I-864 or do I have to use the I-864EZ, or does it really matter which one I use? :confused:

triniqueen said:
Filling AOS living in the US and marry to a USC, I already filled out the I-864 and now I see that there is a new form I-864EZ, we have no co-sponsers, so can I still used the I-864 or do I have to use the I-864EZ, or does it really matter which one I use? :confused:

I filed about a month and half ago, when all the comotion with the new I-864EZ was kind of still in discussion, we filed the old I864 and looks like it was accepted ok. Unless you have already filed, I would suggest to simply do the new I-864EZ. It only reqires one (most recent year) of tax return and is not required to be notarized... why not do the new one?? but I really don't think they'll nail you for the old one (it actually requires to provide more infomation and all)...plus make sure in directions to I-485 they will indicate which versions of supporting applications are acceptable...