• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-864 or I-134??

Yazoo

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

For the affidavit of support, which form is required, the I-864 or the I-134? it's pretty confusing as to what form should be handed in

Also, since I am a student I only have a couple of hundred euros at any given time on my bank account. Will the affidavit of support be enough? (the person is in my extended family and he is american, works for an oil company and makes about 100K before taxes a year.

I look forward to your answers!

Thanks a lot!

have the same question, for DV winners, is it I-134 or I-864 ? I read that I-864 is not applicable for DV Winners, is it true?
Thanks

you need I-134 for DV (if you don't have enough money yourself). I-864 is for family-based immigration.
Of course it's always better when you have some funds yourself, but a sponsor like that should be sufficient.

you need I-134 for DV (if you don't have enough money yourself). I-864 is for family-based immigration.
Of course it's always better when you have some funds yourself, but a sponsor like that should be sufficient.

can you get a sponsor for example from Alaska while you want to to go live in New Jersey? Basically I'm asking if it is acceptable to have a sponsor who lives in a diffent state from the one you are intending to settle.

can you get a sponsor for example from Alaska while you want to to go live in New Jersey? Basically I'm asking if it is acceptable to have a sponsor who lives in a diffent state from the one you are intending to settle.
yes, you can

H1 DV Winner

Hi,

I am H1-B holder, do I also need to fill affadavit of support? I have a good job and can support myself, but don't have enough bank account.

please advice.
thanks.

I am in the same situation as you, Im pretty much sure that, for H1B holders, a letter from the employer, plus IRS transcripts, plus some paystubs is good enough, even if you do not ahve much money on a bank account.

you don't need an affidavit of support if you already have a job (that's why for people who are still living outside the US, they only have to show one of the following: a job offer, money in the bank or an affidavit of support)

Your sponsor has to be a permanent resident (Green Card Holder) or Citizen of USA. An H1B holder can not act as a sponsor.

I think there is a missunderstanding. What I am trying to say is that dvwinners already in the US and with a current job under an H1B visa don't need an afidavit of support.

Need Help :

I am a DV2009 winner from AFRICA with my wife and little baby (4 month) ..I want to ask if I need an affidavit of support ? Which form ?

Please Help Me​

hello

you need form I-134 , please download it and read the requiered issues , by the way about the support you need one of the three things :

1. Bank statement that you have enough money on your account according to Poverty Guidelines (125% amount according to number of family members)
2. I-134 form if you can find any sponsor from the States (for sponsor 3 persons ,you ,your wife and the baby)
3. Legaly statement that you have job waiting for you in the USA

good luck

------------

-Case No 2008XXXXXXXXXX
-NL dated April 2007
-Forms Returned to KCC June 2007 “helped by yasmeen office”
-Police Certificate April 2008 “it need about 10 days”
-acceptant & interview letter May2008
-Medical appointment May 2008
-Interview July 2008
-Administrative process – one months
-Re contact them by e-mail Aug 2008
-send my passport by aramix
-received the visa after 10 days by aramix :D

Thanks ... but:

Thanks hamada76 but i want to let you know that one of my relatives with family (4 persons) had won 2008 DV and already got GC and at the interview no one ask him about an affidavit of support .... What about your opinion ?

the main parposes , they have to gurantee that you will not become with the welfaier system , so that maybe your bank statment will be enugh to make sure that you can support your self and the familly regarding of the Poverty Guidelines ,

about me i just provided a bankstatment about $25000 and my home assets about $125000 , it was enugh , also i provided job offer from USA

but as i say you provide one of three , Job Offer ,Bank statment or form i-134

I-134 and Supporting Document!

I-134 and Supporting Documents!

1. Affidavit of Support (Form I-134)
2. Income Tax Return for Last 3 Years
3. Business License or W2
4. Bank Statement
5. Employment Letter (To Whom It Mays Concern)
6. Certificate of Naturalization or US Passport or Green Card Copy

My sponsor ask me that what documents does he need to do beside I-134 Form.
I asked the travel agents and they told me to get this six items for Sponsor Documents.

Could you tell me which is required and which is not required for Sponsor to do ?

I really need urgent advice.
Please............................

hello

about the form i-134 , it's better to ask your friend to read the instruction carfully , for example my frind he did the afidavit of support i-134 , he just bring his ID-passport "or he can bring his green card , and his assets statment and bank statment , it was enugh for hem to sign the document , then he can send you the form i-134 only without any document "he just need it to be show it to the officer man who your friend should sign the document in his office "

just try to reviow the instruction , also it's enugh if your friend bring the last year tax statment "i remmember form 1040 i am not sure "

-------------

-Case No 2008XXXXXXXXXX
-NL dated April 2007
-Interview July 2008

hello

about the form i-134 , it's better to ask your friend to read the instruction carfully , for example my frind he did the afidavit of support i-134 , he just bring his ID-passport "or he can bring his green card , and his assets statment and bank statment , it was enugh for hem to sign the document , then he can send you the form i-134 only without any document "he just need it to be show it to the officer man who your friend should sign the document in his office "

just try to reviow the instruction , also it's enugh if your friend bring the last year tax statment "i remmember form 1040 i am not sure "

-------------

-Case No 2008XXXXXXXXXX
-NL dated April 2007
-Interview July 2008

I am in the same situation as you, Im pretty much sure that, for H1B holders, a letter from the employer, plus IRS transcripts, plus some paystubs is good enough, even if you do not ahve much money on a bank account.

So instead of I-134 H1-B holders need to attach a letter from the employer, plus IRS transcripts, plus some paystubs. Am I right???

thanks

thats right , you can provide Job offer letter signed by the authorized employer in the company , discrybe the job title ,salary ,location

about me i provide both "job offer and my assets,bank statment" the cunsoler asked me about the location of this company ,what is the company doing , what is my job title there ,

so dont wory just try to get this job offer and try to brovide a bank statment or your assets if you have , but as we got advice one of them is enugh

good luck

I-134??

Why is the DV is family based, do i need I-134 or I-864?