I-864 Notarized?

Prinny

Registered Users (C)
So, here's my situation. At the interview the interviewer had an I-134 I believe it is Affidavit of support. He said the only thing wrong with it was that I needed one of my sponsors birth certificates but I had to resubmit the entire thing!
So I do that and then I get a letter saying that I submitted the wrong form and I only get one chance to get it right (when it wasn't even my fault in the first place)

I noticed that on the I-864 unlike the I-134 does not have a place to get it notarized. My question is, does it need to be notarized? Am I going to get rejected if its not?

They gave me 2 weeks to do something that takes 4 or more as well. If anyone sees this and knows the answer, please let me know as soon as possible, I only have less than a week left and I'm getting really frustrated with this whole mess. :(

The I864 definately has to be notarized. I got a RFE because mine was not signed. I did not have to file the I 131, or at least I dont think I had to...the I864 is pretty similar if not the same information...my moral: Make sure is everything is signed!!

you also need the contract for additional sponsors...each one for each joint sponsor must be notarized.

I looked it over, my joint sponsor looked it over, the petitioner looked it over and none of us found a space for the notary, or any mention of a notary.
I read all the instructions etc. When was the last time you looked at this form because it was updated recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, weird, that form does not have it...I picked up my form at my DO, so try your DO to see if they have the correct form...it should be the very last page.

Prinny, u're right, for some reason the new form that u get from the uscis website doesn't have the notary thing. I'm not sure why, maybe someone else can clarify this further. I'd still get it notarized if I were u, just because the old form needed to.

WOW I stand Corrected!

WOW I stand Corrected! I notice the form now on the USCIS web page is different. Funny, well if there is no space for notary then I would assume it need Not be notorized, however if you are still concerned It wouldn't hurt to pay the $10-$20 and have a notary put her stamp on there anyway.

Addie_Goodvibes said:
WOW I stand Corrected! I notice the form now on the USCIS web page is different. Funny, well if there is no space for notary then I would assume it need Not be notorized, however if you are still concerned It wouldn't hurt to pay the $10-$20 and have a notary put her stamp on there anyway.

Yea..they change stuff around all the time. I realized that when ari4u posted the new I-864 requirements. Wow Addie, $10-20 is a lot for a notary, I got mine notarized in a BMV here in ohio, it's only $2.

Well CA is a bit higher, I had a Legal Document Assistant that was also a notary look over all our forms and notorize 3 documents her fee was $100.00 for the consultation that incuded the $20.00 for notary services.

By the way I noticed your time line and you received an RFE for you medical, did you forget to submit it with the I-485?

Addie_Goodvibes said:
Well CA is a bit higher, I had a Legal Document Assistant that was also a notary look over all our forms and notorize 3 documents her fee was $100.00 for the consultation that incuded the $20.00 for notary services.

By the way I noticed your time line and you received an RFE for you medical, did you forget to submit it with the I-485?

Hi Addie, yea I didn't submit my medical. I haven't had an appointment yet at that time. Now I'm waiting for my TB clearance since my TB came back positive. They said that happens when you've been vaccinated BCG, which I have.