I-864-IRS tax transcript, no gross income?

triniqueen

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I just received my IRS tax transcript in the mail (I was surprised because I just called them on Wednesday 10th) however, I am a little confused because it does not list my husband gross income (which is listed on my Husband’s W-2’s and his taxes, which we filed online)
1. My question is should I still list the gross income (the amount stated on his W-2 and e-file taxes) on the I-864 form? Or should I list the income that is listed on the IRS tax transcript? (The different in the two numbers is over $4000)

:confused:

triniqueen said:
Hello, I just received my IRS tax transcript in the mail (I was surprised because I just called them on Wednesday 10th) however, I am a little confused because it does not list my husband gross income (which is listed on my Husband’s W-2’s and his taxes, which we filed online)
1. My question is should I still list the gross income (the amount stated on his W-2 and e-file taxes) on the I-864 form? Or should I list the income that is listed on the IRS tax transcript? (The different in the two numbers is over $4000)

:confused:
We had the same confusion going on when we filed the I-864. In the end, we filed the full tax returns, because those state the gross income. The transcripts only have the adjusted amount. Maybe you should mail in both the transcripts and those e-file taxes that state your gross income.
Definitely list your gross (unadjusted) income stated on his W2, because that is what the form asks for.

patty579 said:
We had the same confusion going on when we filed the I-864. In the end, we filed the full tax returns, because those state the gross income. The transcripts only have the adjusted amount. Maybe you should mail in both the transcripts and those e-file taxes that state your gross income.
Definitely list your gross (unadjusted) income stated on his W2, because that is what the form asks for.

I thought the W2 has the AGI (adjusted gross income). It is different than what my last year paystub listed thou. Anyhow, I listed the gross income from W2. I included tax transcript, tax refurn form, and w2. i hope it should be alright for my wife's interview on next week.