I-864 Help

doc1974

Registered Users (C)
I am on B-2 got married to USC in oct 2005 and filed for I-485,I-130,I-765
and have an AOS interview on Aug 15th.
When we filed my husband was working and his income was above the poverty line to support me so we filed along with his I-864,but after couple of months he had to quite his job as he was preparing for his exams and he has not worked until now. He worked for 2 months last year(2005).we have a Letter of support from a co-sponser.
My question is will we have any problem as we used my husbands I-864 when we filed and now we are using a cosponser.
We have proof that he is taking his Boards and infact he has one exam in one week after the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have the same question. I would like to have a back-up I-864 by my sister, in case there are any problems with the one I submitted.

Does anyone know if this is possible or reasonable, and does it work?

Yes you should be fine. If you have a co-sponsor and all the paperwork straight, if you have a good reason (and you do) to change some infomation in your file you should be OK. I think all they want is to make sure the sponsored immigrant is not going to be left living below the poverty line and it does not really matter who the sponsor is. Just make sure you have a good reason explanation/documenation and the new I-864 with all the supporting papers

Thanks,
We have the letter for the date when my husband took his exam (Dec 2005)and also the letter when he is taking the next exam (Aug 22nd i.e 1 week after the AOS interview)and the letter of support from the co-sponser .Do you think this is fine or do i need some more documentation.

doc1974 said:
Thanks,
We have the letter for the date when my husband took his exam (Dec 2005)and also the letter when he is taking the next exam (Aug 22nd i.e 1 week after the AOS interview)and the letter of support from the co-sponser .Do you think this is fine or do i need some more documentation.

I think you need to fill out the whole new I-864 with the new information on the co-sponsor and the supporting information of the co-sponsor. There have been some recent changes to this form, so be sure to check with www.uscis.gov on that and just provide all the required supporting documents (i.e. tax returns, employment authorizations, bank statements etc. of the new sponsor/co-sponsor) During the interview explain the situation and have it all ready to be handed to IO. Good luck!