I-864,Affidavit of support from employer

vermontcp

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have aquestion regarding I-864. I got my packet3 docs and it says that I shud contact my petitioner for I-864 form (affidavit of support). What exactly does this mean?
Will my employer need to fill I-864,notarize & send all the required docs to MYSELF so that I can take it during CP or need to mail it to NVC?
If it needs to be sent to NVC,can they mail it separately or it needs to be sent along with my DS-230 part1 form?

Please provide information...

Originally posted by vermontcp
Hi,
I have aquestion regarding I-864. I got my packet3 docs and it says that I shud contact my petitioner for I-864 form (affidavit of support). What exactly does this mean?
Will my employer need to fill I-864,notarize & send all the required docs to MYSELF so that I can take it during CP or need to mail it to NVC?
If it needs to be sent to NVC,can they mail it separately or it needs to be sent along with my DS-230 part1 form?

Please provide information...

Do the instructions specifically ask you to submit the I-864?

Because this is one type of Affidavit of support and generally
applicable to the Family Based Immigration Visa cases.

It applies to employment category ONLY if you are related to
the owner or part owner of the company that is sponsoring you.
He/She should own 5% or more of the company.

I am assuming that your's is an employment category visa.

Raju

oh I got it!
No I was not asked to submit it specifically but there was a statement mentioning that contact your petitioner for I-864 and I started wondering what the heck this new form is about..
Thanks for clarifying this! I guess they use the same set of docs for packet3 for all categories of immigration.

I received the P4 document from the US consulate. In the P4 document, they have mentioned that I need to produce I-864.

But I am an employee of a company and based on what I understand, I need to provide a I-134 (for my wife).

To my surprize there is no mention of I-134 anywhere in the P4 documents.

C P gurus, do you know why this is the case?

Does the US consulate have a standard document that is circulated to all OR is the p4 document prepared seperately for each case?

Thanks in advance.

Shriram

Originally posted by shriram
I received the P4 document from the US consulate. In the P4 document, they have mentioned that I need to produce I-864.

But I am an employee of a company and based on what I understand, I need to provide a I-134 (for my wife).

To my surprize there is no mention of I-134 anywhere in the P4 documents.

C P gurus, do you know why this is the case?

Does the US consulate have a standard document that is circulated to all OR is the p4 document prepared seperately for each case?

Thanks in advance.

Shriram

If the specific condition for I-864 as I have stated earlier, does
not apply to you, then the only affidavit you need for your wife
is I-134, which needs to be notarized.

Raju