I-824 / Follow to Join - filing question

mandaveli

Everybody

My EB1 I140 / I-485 case is filed with Nebraska Service Center and the receipt on the concurrent filing is June 12th. I was single at the time of filing. I recently got married and my wife is still in India and will only be able to join me by July.
I believe there is a significant probability of me getting my GC by then. So I think I will most likely have to do a follow-to-join for my wife.
NSC is currently processing I-824 from Feb 2007. This is almost a 11 month lag. So I was thinking about filing the follow-to-join now immediately to lock in a priority date
1. Can I file an I-824 when both my I-140 and I-485 is pending?
2. Secondly would I be jeopardizing the chances of my wife getting a H-4 visa because I started her follow-to-join case?
3. Lastly will filing a I824 will cause issues if indeed she comes to the US on H-4 and I then want to start her I-485.
Your inputs will be much appreciated.

1. Can I file an I-824 when both my I-140 and I-485 is pending?... NO you cannot file until GC is approved

2. Secondly would I be jeopardizing the chances of my wife getting a H-4 visa because I started her follow-to-join case? See #1.. you cant file I824 before GC approved

3. Lastly will filing a I824 will cause issues if indeed she comes to the US on H-4 and I then want to start her I-485... See #1.

I have applied my wife I824 and waiting and waiting.... its been 5 months almost

I think its better you sponsor your wife for H4 as that much easier and convenient.