I-797C and Infopass

delux

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

My I485 was approved last week and I recieved the approval notice today. It says you can get it stamped at yourlocal INS office on "Friday between 7:30AM and 4PM" - The questions I have

1. does this mean I can go in without an Infopass appointment.
2. did anyone else get a similar day of week/hours type message.

Thanks!

(BTW- the details of my case are posted in a separate thread. WAC02101xxxxx)

Outdated stuff on Approval Notices

There is such outdated information on the approval notice. I got my notice a couple of days back and my lawyer sent me the original with a letter and talked about two things that are different from whats on the notice.

1. Photograph requirements is one of them. Notice says it is 3/4 ADIT style snaps. Its actually passport pics u need.

2. My notice said I can go between 7:30 and 11:30 on tue, wed or thursday. Attorney said make an appointment on infopass.

So schedule an appointment now. You will get something a couple of weeks down the line. I scheduled my appt the day i got the email notice. so i got it for next mon. and luckily i got my notice on time too.

Thanks, I have made an appointment. Got one for this coming tuesday - got lucky for once during this whole process!!! (seems like someone cancelled and appointment and I got it)

Hi Thunderstruck!

Does your I-485 approval specifically says which USCIS office (with address) to go for stamping or just says "local USCIS office" ?

Reading delux's post it seems he is free to go to any local USCIS office...

Thanks.