I-765 on-hold... please help

honeyc74

Registered Users (C)
I didn't get my iEAD bec. my I-765 is still on-hold. I found out about this last week Feb10 when I had my first infoPass appt. The officer said that they don't have any update about my RFE. And since EAD is a benefit for AOS, they hold the processing of my EAD. She asked me to wait for a few more days to maybe weeks to get an update on my RFE then maybe I can set an infoPass appnt again. Feb10 the same day, around 11am, I received an email stating that my RFE was already received on Feb9 (either they don't send an email or they send it the day after the update), so I set another infoPass appnt for Feb16. Feb15 there's another online update on my I-485 but didn't say what it's all about (no email). Today I went to my DO and didn't get my iEAD :(... They said that it's still on-hold and I have to call the number there to remove the hold-status. I know for a fact that calling the CS# will not going to help me and they will probably lead me to setting another infoPass appnt. I asked the officer if she can send an email to NBC regarding my case being on-hold, and she actually did and print a copy for herself, though she didn't read the email she wrote.

What should I do? I have a job contract waiting for me at the start of March and I have only a week to get an iEAD :(... Please help!!!

honeyc74 said:
I didn't get my iEAD bec. my I-765 is still on-hold. I found out about this last week Feb10 when I had my first infoPass appt. The officer said that they don't have any update about my RFE. And since EAD is a benefit for AOS, they hold the processing of my EAD. She asked me to wait for a few more days to maybe weeks to get an update on my RFE then maybe I can set an infoPass appnt again. Feb10 the same day, around 11am, I received an email stating that my RFE was already received on Feb9 (either they don't send an email or they send it the day after the update), so I set another infoPass appnt for Feb16. Feb15 there's another online update on my I-485 but didn't say what it's all about (no email). Today I went to my DO and didn't get my iEAD :(... They said that it's still on-hold and I have to call the number there to remove the hold-status. I know for a fact that calling the CS# will not going to help me and they will probably lead me to setting another infoPass appnt. I asked the officer if she can send an email to NBC regarding my case being on-hold, and she actually did and print a copy for herself, though she didn't read the email she wrote.

What should I do? I have a job contract waiting for me at the start of March and I have only a week to get an iEAD :(... Please help!!!

I had to face similar problems when I went for my iEAD. The DO (Los Angeles) had no record of recieving my RFE. They did not even have record of my fingerorints notices being sent to me. I showed them an e-mail from USCIS that they had recvd my RFE and also the stamp on my fingerprint notice.

My iEAD was declined the first time because the officer said that I can request one only 90 days AFTER RFE has been recvd - and NOT 90 days after ND. So, I went to another officer the week after and got my iEAD.

Now I have another InfoPass next week to see why there has been no activity on my case for 3 months

Hi rajeshfromLA... I talked to 2 different officers on those 2 infoPass and they both said they can't do anything bec. my I-765 is on-hold and only the main office can remove the hold status. About your case, did any of the officers say if your application status was "on-hold"? I already set another infoPass appnt for next week, the thing is I can't select whose officer to talk to bec. they just call the ticket#. So I don't know if I'll be wasting another time getting the same response.

Does anybody else here had the same experience? I am really desperate to get to work so I can support my family...

honeyc74 said:
Hi rajeshfromLA... I talked to 2 different officers on those 2 infoPass and they both said they can't do anything bec. my I-765 is on-hold and only the main office can remove the hold status. About your case, did any of the officers say if your application status was "on-hold"? I already set another infoPass appnt for next week, the thing is I can't select whose officer to talk to bec. they just call the ticket#. So I don't know if I'll be wasting another time getting the same response.

Does anybody else here had the same experience? I am really desperate to get to work so I can support my family...

I have never heard anything such as "I-765 on hold". The law states that you are eligible for a iEAD after 90 days. No harm trying for an InfoPass again and trying your luck for an iEAD

re-apply EAD or hire a lawyer?

The employer who's interested to hire me on the 1st of March consulted their immigration lawyer regarding my case. The lawyer's suggestions are:

(1) Re-apply for my I-765. If I do this, what will happen to my current application? Does that mean I am back to zero, and I have to re-do my biometrics?
OR
(2) Hire a lawyer to follow-up my current application. He said that lawyers have special access to files. Is that true?

I don't know what to do, any advise please...