I-751 question - change of address - different service centers

MIA_BOS

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

Background: We sent my I-751 form last week on 3/3/09 (GC expires on 5/17/09, so the application was done in time) to VSC (Vermont), since our current address is in Massachusetts. We got the Notice of Receipt today (3/9/09). No word for the biometrics appointment yet.

Complication is: My job is transfered to Illinois recently, so the service center responsible for Illinois is CSC (California) . We were initially planning to move at the end of May, but looks like we may actaully move at the end March or mid-April. In the hindsight, I wish I had waited until we moved first and send the application to CSC to start with!!! Neverthless, since we didn't know for sure when we were making the move, and we didn't want to jeopardize the 90-day deadline by waiting until the last moment, not having enough time to have joint stuff at the new address, and sending the application at the last moment.

My questions are:

1. what is the best way to go about this address change? I understand that I need to file AR-11 and my USC wife has to file I-865, but should we sit tight and wait for the biometrics and then move or move as soon as possible and make the required address changes in April after the move?

2. Is my file going to be delayed and stuck in VSC after we move and change the address to Illinois or will I get lucky and get transfered to much faster moving CSC immidiately?

I just read about how CSS is much faster than VSC, and regret not waiting couple of weeks until we move and send it directly to CSC.

Anybody has been through a similar situation? Is there a best way to make sure things will go smoothly given the address and service center change complications?

Thanks in advance for sharing your educated experiences and suggestions.